Hello Guest it is April 28, 2024, 09:07:24 PM

Author Topic: Lazycam Help, Tool Compensation.  (Read 10706 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Lazycam Help, Tool Compensation.
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2010, 05:07:29 PM »
It's in the manual......Tutorial #1 page 36 :)
- Select the layer
- Do an offset to that layer based your tool
- LC creates an offset
- Un-enable any layers you do not want to post code for
- Select the offset, and in the  Layer tab define your maching and the tool to be used
- Post the code for that layer if you wish

Do not hack your way through the program, at least do the first tutorial. ;)

RICH
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2010, 07:16:35 PM »
I figure out how to put my offsets in, but now I still have a few problems.

My tool path still does not show up in Mach3 anymore with code generated from Lazycam, and also my machine is hanging on the same type of g-code commands no matter how many times I redo my drawings or re-optimize or re-order my cuts.

I am hanging on the following line in my program:

N325  Y0.6306   
N330 G2  X3.4431  Y0.6305  I-0.0000  J0.0000

It always seems to hang on a Y movement prior to a G2 command with the X and Y axis offsets.

I'll attach my G-Code and latest LC file.

Any help or tips is greatly appreciated!

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2010, 09:30:17 PM »
I had problems with your files also. I took your dxf and saved it first as a version 12 out of Autocad 2007, then again out of version 2001. Then I did the inside offsets in LC  and exported the code. I then did the inside offsets again, but this time applied three depth cuts, and exported the code. I had no problem with the ones i did  in Mach. I am attaching the dxf, two lcam files and the one tap file for the three depth cuts for you to try. BTW, i used different feedrates, but used a 1/16" end mill.

Let me know how they work for you,
RICH
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2010, 02:47:34 PM »
Hi Rich,

Thanks a lot for all your help. Your LC files and code definitely worked on my machine. My tool path showed up in Mach3 and my cnc did not stall. Although I found that my offsets where a little off.

So I tried to go back and edit the LC file you gave me, after editing it with my offsets, I have the same problem. There is no tool path in Mach3 and the program stalls. 

Then I tried to start from scratch with the .DXF, and LC let's me create an offset on the up four left holes, but no offset is actually created.

My biggest problem is still no tool path showing up and stalling programs in Mach3. Any ideas what might be causing this. The file you gave me worked perfectly fine.

Thanks,

Tyler

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2010, 03:44:42 PM »
Tyler,
The reason your not seeing anything in Mach is due to a bunch of errors in the code. The IJ values, after some of the code,  have zero values and thus the program never loads. Mach notifies you on loading the program that there are errors.

I think it has to do with the importing of your dxf. What CAD program are you using?
 I know i couldn't open it with some of my older version Autocad programs. I had all the problems you described. That's why i started with your dxf resaved it as a version 12 dxf so i could have a clean start.

RICH
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2010, 04:49:08 PM »
I'm not sure what version of autocad it is. My coworker gave me the drawing. Maybe I can edit the code, if not I might resort to hand coding this for now if I can not get it to work.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2010, 04:59:52 PM »
If you can, ask him which version.  I don't have any problems with 2007.

If you used my dxf then you should be able to get a good posting into Mach and have no problems.

RICH

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2010, 06:22:55 PM »
I'll ask him when I see him tomorrow. I have tried several times re-importing the .DFX you gave me, but LC seems to have the same problem. I never had a problem, with this untill I started adding offsets.

Maybe it's a funky .DFX, I'm not sure. Since I don't have much experience, when he first gave me the .DFX I wanted to try out LC. I ask him to give a me a version of the .DFX with no dimensions, and only one drawing per a file (not having multiple pages). Tempted to redraw it in Visio and give that a go.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2010, 07:05:10 PM »
What is the first thing you should do when you import the dxf file?
RICH
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2010, 07:41:42 PM »
I usually start by saving my LC project, unless just trying to test something out really quick. Other than that I hit the optimize button right off the bat.