Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:16:02 PM

Author Topic: Bridgeport 300 retrofit using DSPMC  (Read 4026 times)

Bridgeport 300 retrofit using DSPMC
« on: November 22, 2010, 10:07:32 PM »
I am working on a Bridgeport Discovery 300 I had the spindle drive go out and could not get a replacement that would work with the old control. I installed a new spindle drive a control techniques SP1406 spindle drive. I had replaced two of the servo drives in the past and replaces the third during the retrofit with Servo Dynamics 1525 BR analog servo drives. I have done most of the rewiring and now are working the setup I am having problems with the servo drives if I power the servo drives with the the DSPMC controller turn off the motors do not move but with the controller turned on the motors turn about 20 rpm for about 2 sec. then the DSPMC e-stops and errors out need help.
Re: Bridgeport 300 retrofit using DSPMC
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 03:56:11 AM »
Hi Saturn06,
The error is caused by the encoder following error most likely.
When you power up the DSPMC if you have the drive enabled circuits wired incorrectly it could be causing this.

Have you set up any of the PID tuning yet???

Some drives may have an offset setup and this could also be the problem. I had it were when you shut down the offset was set high enough that the motor would move as the PID shut down but there was enough residual power in the rest of the drive to move stuff.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.