Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:00:43 AM

Author Topic: SS-C23 problems  (Read 3667 times)

SS-C23 problems
« on: October 12, 2010, 05:43:41 PM »
I"m new to this but here goes. I installed a smooth stepper and a C-23 board in my plasma that I have been building. Loaded everything(driver,plug in etc) when I went to retune the motors there is no change no mater what I set the speed or accel. When I try to jog any axis they might move on direction but stop moving in the other direction. When an axis stops moving I noticed that the output led's go out on the c23 including the charge pump (pin17).  I let go of the jog key and the led's come back on. I have tried all the frequencies on the ss set up with no change. The werd thing is the machine will run a simple G-Code program ( cutting a 6" circle and the roadrunner sample). Where do the jumpers on the SS need to be?  Thanks for any help

jsimpk
Re: SS-C23 problems
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 08:58:15 AM »
Are you still having problems with this?  The jumpers in the SS need to be set to send +5vdc to the 26 pin headers.  This is how the optos are powered.  It could be a possible cause for the problem you are reporting.

Arturo Duncan
http://Http://cnc4pc.com
Re: SS-C23 problems
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 02:48:28 PM »
Maybe the problem is that Mach doesn't allow the plugin to be updated when you are in motor tuning.  Unfortunately the only thing you can do at this time is to make the changes, exit Motor Tuning and then they will take effect.  I hope this changes in Mach4.

Thanks,

Greg