Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 01:43:25 PM

Author Topic: Feed problem  (Read 2623 times)

Feed problem
« on: October 21, 2010, 10:50:11 AM »
Hi all im new to mach so this is probably an easy one for some of you out there.. Ok if i use my shuttle the axis moves at a good rate, however as an example if i use the mdi to input Say.. X 100 its like the axis is in jog mode and goes very slowly (jog is set to 100%), ive been configuring mach to work with the machine (boxford 260VMC) and suspect ive ticked a box i shouldnt have but where that is ive no idea?

???
Re: Feed problem
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 11:24:04 AM »
You need to specify a feed rate. For example enter into the MDI   G1X100F50, assuming you are in feed per minute mode (G94) and your units are metric, the X axis should move at 50 mm per minute. You can adjust the F50 to whatever is suitable.

Neptune
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 11:37:23 AM »
Well Neptune as i suspected the first reply was correct and thankyou for your speedy reply. You say feed per minuite mode (g54) what are the alternatives and how do i find the maximum feed rate because as this is all new to me im not sure.
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 12:06:33 PM »
G94 is feed per minute mode. G95 is feed per rev of the spindle. When you write a G code program, you can specify which mode to use in the first line of the program and it will stay in that mode until you change it. If you enter a feedrate into the MDI box the mode will be whatever was previously specified.

During testing of your machine, I would suggest you stay in G94  so if you enter a feed rate of 50, the axis will travel at 50mm per minute. If you were in G95 mode the axis would try to move at 50mm per rev which would be much to fast.

It is not necessary to enter a feedrate into the MDI box everytime. If you have already entered F50, it will stay at that rate unless you specify differently. When you start up Mach each time, the feedrate is defaulted to a low value (I think 6mm per minute)

The maximum feedrate is dependent upon the velocity as set for each axis in motor tuning (your rapid feedrate)

Neptune