Hello Guest it is April 17, 2024, 11:31:32 PM

Author Topic: Problem with smoothstepper in a new installation  (Read 2408 times)

Problem with smoothstepper in a new installation
« on: October 21, 2010, 09:49:26 AM »
Hi all,
I installed mach3 on cleaned PC with windows XP and few drivers installed only. Then I started to work, in few minutes the Mach froze. Through Ctrl+Alt+Del I exited Mach and tried again few times with the same problem. I restarted PC and machine and reinstalled the Mach.
Now Mach is not freezing but sometimes (may be every 5-15 minutes of work) machine stops working and error message on the picture appears. After restart of machine connection and Mach, all is ok for about 5-15 minutes of work, then it fails again.

On other PC I didn't have the same problem, it was just freezing sometimes for few seconds and worked again but i think, that it was happening because of a low performance of PC and applications running in background. The setup of Mach was absolutely same like the one I'm using now.

I'm quite helpless and I will welcome each idea.

Thank You

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
Re: Problem with smoothstepper in a new installation
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 10:50:16 AM »
Please see: http://www.soigeneris.com/Document/Installing_and_Configuring_the_SmoothStepper.pdf . Also, what to you mean by 'cleaned pc'? It is much better to start out with a fresh, NON-ACPI, Windows installation. Then follow the tips in the document above. Also, posting this in the SmoothStepper section of this forum might generate more responses.

Perhaps a moderator will move it to the SS section of the forum?
Happy machining , Jeff Birt