Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:27:13 PM

Author Topic: USB JoyPad and game devices plugin now supports SmoothStepper  (Read 7090 times)

Offline area51

•  102 102
    • View Profile
    • Joakim's Technical Explorations
USB JoyPad and game devices plugin now supports SmoothStepper
« on: October 13, 2010, 08:31:20 PM »
The USB JoyPad and game devices plugin now supports SmoothStepper (SS) besides the parallel port (PP).

The plugin and user manual can be downloaded from Finished Plugins for Download:

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/board,30.0.html

and its free  :D

Thanks to Lee Davis (Xbox 360 plugin) and Greg Cary (Warp9TD) for great help during development.

- area51
Re: USB JoyPad and game devices plugin now supports SmoothStepper
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 04:45:23 PM »
Great Plug-in/Macro thanks for all of your great work area51. I have modified my macros to just write the function that is going to take place to the status bar until I press the button and either 5 or 6 since and the button since I am getting older and forget!!! what button does what!!!

Offline area51

•  102 102
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 09:17:57 PM »
Thanks!  :)

That is the great thing with script - you can do nearly everything...
About forgetting... me too...  ;)

Nice you use the safety buttons 5 and 6 to do the actual action. This was the intention behind the two safety buttons - nothing harmful will happen only pressing one button. This is why button 5 and/or button 6 must be pressed before jogging is enabled.
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 06:30:00 PM »
area51l;
I have set up the macros using DoOEMButton *********x but I find that after I press the Run button Mach 3 no longer responds to the gamepad?? is their a way to have the gamepad stop or pause the executing G-code once Run has started??
thanks
Doc

Offline area51

•  102 102
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 07:56:59 PM »
Doc.

In the current release macros is only executed when the engine (Mach3) is in STOP state. This prevents the use of buttons when executing G-Code or Reset is active.
This is why you can't stop or pause after pressing Run.

In the next release this limitation will be removed and macros can be used in any engine state.

- Joakim
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 06:46:46 PM »
Joakim;
Thanks for the quick reply. Can't wait for the next release!!! Great Job on the gamepad plug-in. I paid $16.00 for my logitech gamepad at Best buy. With your plug-in it makes my sharkpro setups a lot more fun
thanks for all your hard work
Doc
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 02:34:04 PM »
I followed the directions as close as i could. am using mach 3, but when i press button 5 and or 6 the z axis responds. what am i doing wrong??
I thank you in advance ???
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 08:30:58 PM »
rwind;
did you copy the macros over to the Mach3 maco file for your machine that you created when you installed Mach3?? If you copied all of the macros then when you push a button you should see the label for the button pushed on the status line below the reset button on Mach 3. Be sure to restart Mach3 after you make changes. If you don't see the button labels when you push a button on the joypad then go to configuration and click config plugins and make sure the joypad plugin has a green check mark beside it
if not just click on the red check mark and it will turn green. Be sure to shutdown and restart Mach3 after making a change.
good luck
Doc
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 10:52:36 AM »
I did all that and the more i think about it i have been testing it on a demo version. i think i will put it on the registered version and give it a go. thank you doc
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 08:59:58 PM »
Great job on the plugin, and a top notch manual to go with it!
Will the plug in work with an USB keypad if you only need button input like this

http://www.fentek-ind.com/keypad.htm

Have a good day-
Jack