Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 01:31:43 AM

Poll

help with my 3 axis engraving machine

please help with my engraving machine
1 (50%)
need urgent help with my engraving machine
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: help with new 3 axis engraving machine!!  (Read 5456 times)

Offline ral

•  6 6
    • View Profile
help with new 3 axis engraving machine!!
« on: October 12, 2010, 06:13:30 AM »
Hi, id really like some help setting up mach 3 to my 3 axis engraving machine. The stepper motors on x and y axis is step syn- 103-715-6 1.8 deg/step 4.7 volts, the z axis is step syn but not sure of model number. The machine is a diplolar stepper motor driver and also has a micro stepping system EDM-483. The machine was previously running on turbo cnc, but iv changed it to mach 3 has iv been told its easier. The x axis jogs ok, the y axis only operates one wa yand the z axis goes up and down but jumps a little and isnt smooth. I think its not wired up correctly has when i press the x axis to move the z axis moves and vise versa with other axis. Iv been into parts and pins settings but has im new to this im finding it really difficult. All the stepper drivers are currently set up to work on turbo cnc software will i need to reset to work on mach 3 or will it be ok? The machine has limit switches on each axis but all not working since installing. ANY HELP AT ALL WILL BE REALLY APPRECIATED. kind regards, Andy

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: help with new 3 axis engraving machine!!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 07:17:12 AM »
You really need to find which pins the step and direction of each axis are physically connected to and same for the limits, you can then set them in ports and pins and it should work with a bit of motor tuning and setting the correct steps per unit.
Hood

Offline ral

•  6 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 05:56:24 PM »
Thanks for your reply. Ive tried to follow my parallel port wires, and there is 2 wires go to each micro stepping card for x and y axis and 2 for z axis which is a bipolar step driver card. 2 pin on parallel port goes to number 2 on x axis card,  3 pin to num 3 on x axis, but 4 pin goes to num 2 and 5pin to num 3 on y axis, Z axis isnt numbered at all. This doesnt work at all. Dont Know if im doing this right or not, ( doesnt look like i am)  Can you elaborate a little from your email you sent me. Thanks Hood, regards Andy

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 06:11:45 PM »
Can you attach a photo of the drive card, that may help a bit.
Hood

Offline ral

•  6 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 05:24:03 PM »
Did you receive the pics of the driver cards, not sure if i sent them properly, Andy

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 05:29:54 PM »
No, you need to use the additional options button on the reply page to attach an image.
Hood

Offline ral

•  6 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 05:58:28 PM »
If i cant figure it out would you be interested in sorting it for me if i sent it you, if so how much would you charge, Andy

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 06:03:36 PM »
sent you a personal message.
Hood

Offline ral

•  6 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 06:39:02 PM »
Sent you a reply in personal message , Andy

Offline ral

•  6 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2010, 04:38:02 AM »
please find enclosed pics of micro stepping card runs x and y and the dipolar card runs the z axis

thanks andy
ps, would it be simpler to bring the machine to you for you to set up.