Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 01:10:32 PM

Author Topic: Status error messages list.  (Read 10025 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Status error messages list.
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2013, 01:04:56 PM »
Ok so I will presume it has worked fine for you in the past and so something has happened to make it not work?
I was thinking that you possibly had the kernel set to 100KHz and that was causing you the issues however the xml you attached was set to 25KHz. Was that definitely the correct xml?
Can you try loading a different profile from the Mach Loader and see if that opens.

Hood
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2013, 01:55:16 PM »
You are correct in that it was working fine and then the error message came with no obvious cause. I copied the xml file from the workshop PC which is only used to run the CNC machine.
Not sure what you mean by loading a different profile from the Mach loader ?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2013, 03:01:09 PM »
Ok so was the xml from the computer you are having the problems with?

Regarding the loader, if you go to the Mach3 folder and double click the Mach3.exe the loader will open and you can choose a different profile. If you have not created one there will only be the 3 default ones, Mill, Plasma and Turn, try opening the plasma or turn and see if you still get the error.

Hood
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2013, 12:41:13 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions.
I can open both Turn & Plasma and do not get the error message. However, I cannot get any movement on XY or Z axes

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2013, 04:13:42 PM »
Ok so the xml you attached, was that from the computer you are having problems with or was it from another computer?
Hood
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2013, 04:44:19 PM »
It was the same PC that I am having problems with. ie. the one that drives the CNC mill

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2013, 05:00:49 PM »
Try this xml, just save it to your Mach3 folder and then open it from the Mach loader and see if it works.
Hood
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2013, 08:24:26 AM »
I have just tried the xml file which I assume you modified ? - curious why it is over twice the size of the original one.
I got the same error message !

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2013, 08:43:59 AM »
I changed the kernel. The reason it will be larger is there will be more info in it as I use a newer version of Mach.
I would try a re-install of Mach, either the same version you are using or possibly a newer one to see if your issue is solved.
I dont see anything in the xml that would cause the issue, especially when plasma and turn are opening without the message.
Hood
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2014, 09:09:07 AM »

Just a note of thanks for the comments.

Problem now solved.
I did not eventually reload Windows XP, but I did reloaded Mach 3 from the web site direct to my PC. I took it out of the workshop.

Not sure exactly what I did wrong, but the problem was, as suggested, related to copying the files across from the download PC to the workshop one.

A point that has arisen is that as most PCs are now 64bit. In the future will there be a level of Mach 3 software which will operate with a64 bit system ?

Thanks again