Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:14:59 PM

Author Topic: custom application  (Read 14057 times)

Re: custom application
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2010, 10:41:58 AM »
We had to shut down testing the other day so the machine could be disassembled for painting... my partner's shop is a two hour commute for me to work on it.

I have an XML file I started with the other day - I did save the changes I made before we shut down but I forgot to save the latest to my USB key before I left for the day. I got the machine to home and zero repeatedly and I also set my soft limits to be in the correct range after uncoupling the motors and jogging into that range manually.

I have to rewrite some new G code because we changed some fixtures around.

I need to get all this sorted out by Tuesday morning when I go back to the shop. If you could look at this XML that would be great because I am just starting out on this software and slowly learning it... I had no idea how many setup parameters there would be with this package before we bought it - I thought it would be much easier! Any help would be appreciated.

Here is what I started with yesterday:

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2010, 10:50:22 AM »
One other thing - I also need to know how I can lock off the software within the screen so no one can mess with the settings once I get it all set up... I can lock the Windows with a password, but I need to be able to lock that XML down so all my operator can do is run different G code programs.

This machine is going onto a plant floor but will be run on a limited basis (prototype testing) and not on a full production basis so there will be all kinds of people capable of screwing with it when were not around.

Anybody have an idea?

PS - once I get it all finished I will post some pictures or video on this site once the owner gives me permission.

Thanks.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2010, 02:36:28 PM »
Just tried with your xml and it works fine but you will have to enable the Z axis.

There is an option on General Config called No System Menus (or similar) that will hide all menus after you have restarted Mach. What you will have to do though is make a VB button on your screen so you can switch them back on. The VB would be DoMenu(1,3)  That will open General Config and allow you to change the setting back and then you can restart and the menus will be there.
You can if you wish make the button invisible so that no one but you knows its there.
Hood

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2010, 03:01:50 PM »
You canlso use the LOCK/UNLOCK feature in Mach.Look under the operator tab.When you LOCK it mach lets you set a passwaord to UNLOCK it.

It locks out any changes by an operator.

Hope that helps, (;-) TP
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2010, 03:44:10 PM »
OK under Pins N Ports/Motor Outputs - When I enable Z with a green check mark do I also have to specify step pin # and dir pin #? what is that? and do i have to enable a Z home? seems confusing because my Z is a dummy axis...

I can't check M11/M10 till I get back to the machine on Tuesday...

As far as locking out the settings - I need my operators to be able to load 3-4 different G code programs... will they still be able to load programs from the file menu?

I will try the Lock feature here at home on my PC.

Thanks.
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2010, 03:59:40 PM »
I think I just answered one of my questions on my own... the lock feature allows loading programs, but locks out changes being made to the setup- great.

Now I need to only show one screen... Is it possible to only show the Program Run screen?

There is a screen discussion sub forum, I will look in there to start...

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2010, 04:54:09 PM »
I am not sure what this meant BUT

" I got the machine to home and zero repeatedly and I also set my soft limits to be in the correct range after uncoupling the motors and jogging into that range manually."

The softlimits are set BASED on the Ref/ home position.In the way you did it it might not be the same next time you start up and ref home.

Normaly you startup mach, Ref/Home the machine .  Then the softlimits are based on the Machine Position Values.

Just a thought, (;-) TP

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2010, 05:07:25 PM »
I think I just answered one of my questions on my own... the lock feature allows loading programs, but locks out changes being made to the setup- great.

Now I need to only show one screen... Is it possible to only show the Program Run screen?

There is a screen discussion sub forum, I will look in there to start...

Yes, easy to do, download  Screen4 or MachScreen and open the screenset you are using then delete all the buttons that take you to the other pages, you will have to press and hold  shift key first and then you can click on the button then when selected just hit delete on your keyboard. Once you have removed the buttons you can then save the screenset as a new name and when in Mach you use the view menu then load screens.
If you dont wish to actually delete the buttons you could change what they do by selecting them by Ctrl and double click then change the OEM to 1 for each. What that will do is when a button is pressed it will stay on screen1 which is programme run.

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2010, 05:41:13 PM »
OK under Pins N Ports/Motor Outputs - When I enable Z with a green check mark do I also have to specify step pin # and dir pin #? what is that? and do i have to enable a Z home? seems confusing because my Z is a dummy axis...

No, just leave port and pin as zero and no need to set up a home for Z.
Hood
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2010, 07:39:00 PM »
Great - Thanks for all the info...

I am really learning a lot on this first build and hope all of this will be used the next time we retrofit a machine... we have plans to build a few more for personal use - mill, lathe, plasma

Now I can't wait to get back there and sort this out!

Cheers, Alex.