Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:52:41 AM

Author Topic: Maxnc  (Read 6902 times)

Maxnc
« on: October 07, 2010, 05:08:54 PM »
Anyone know whats happened to Maxnc?
No ones answering the phones there anymore.

Offline Tj256

•  45 45
    • View Profile
Re: Maxnc
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 04:07:53 PM »
I hope they're on vacation. I'm having issues and can't seem to get in touch with anyone. Just bought a new MaxNC 15 CL, and I'm getting very nervous.  Also been waiting on a part for over a month that they didn't ship.
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 04:31:45 PM »
Feeling nervous too, enquired online about a minimax router and had quick responses from Chris but once I paid the deposit haven't been able to get him to reply to emails or messages. Tried phoning from South Africa (9 hours ahead) and if I phone in the morning I can leave a message but by lunchtime the message box is full. The following morning I'm able to leave a message again so someone is cleaning out the message box and just not bothering to reply. If this is the type of support one receives when you're enquiring about the status of your order, heavens forbid I have a problem with the machine.

Suppose they're only after the "new" business and once they've got your money you can just join the queue. Yes lets hope they're on holiday and they're back to answering the phones and trading again on Monday, as opposed to having shut down, otherwise I'm going to have to see the American Embassy here and lay a complaint about some dubious online trading!

Offline Tj256

•  45 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 02:15:05 PM »
Any luck? I have dozens of calls and emails into them. Still nothing after weeks and weeks. Still waiting on a part, I'm dead in the water. Something must have happened. You'd think they'd at least post on the website "Gone fishin'"!!
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 02:15:07 AM »
No luck whatsoever. I've tried contacting them by email and telephone too, I've even tracked down his home number which goes unanswered as well. He probably has caller identity and can see where the calls originating from and ignores it. My route now is to recall the funds I sent him via my bankers. They checked with his bank and Macnc's bank account is still operational and not under any restrictions, so they're still effectively trading. He has to sign off on the recall so if his bank comes back and says that he's not contactable then there is probably a reason why he's not contacting us back, but if the bank comes bank to me and says that he's refusing to return the funds then we'll know something is up. My route then is to see the American Embassy and I know they're very sensitive about online fraud originating from the USA.

I've even contacted his neighbours in McQueen street and no one has actually heard of him or Macnc, so wondering if they actually exist anymore or if it's just a telephone line/email that they're operating from?

The part you're looking for, you tried taking the broken part to a machine shop and asking them to make up a duplicate?

Offline Tj256

•  45 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 01:29:03 PM »
@Gasfins - Thanks, that's not a bad idea. It's a missing part they never sent that attaches a chuck to the 4th axis. I can probably get someone to just make it. But that's the least of the issues-- right now I'm dealing with a controller that misses steps and shuts down.

I've been very conflicted. On the one hand, I have a brand new machine that just needs a controller to replace the failed one. I'm in the process of putting together 3rd party modules to get it working, but it just seems wrong that I have to do this. It's a brand new machine! I could issue a chargeback, risk having to send the machine back, but then I am unable to mill parts for possibly many more months. What to do.

I was able to find messages scrubbed from message boards in google's cache. Many people having support issues and controller issues, and some saying that you can't talk bad about them or they come after you. So maybe there was legal trouble in the past and these posts were deleted. If I had known of this, I would have never ordered from them.

Good luck and I hope you are able to resolve your issue!

I hope you are able to get your funds back. It seems there are many low cost machines on the market now. This may be why MaxNC is having trouble. Perhaps being sloppy was fine in the past, but with competition in the same price range they no longer get away with it.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 04:05:50 AM »
Hi Guys,

I think they have done more than gone fishin'

The forum and other discussion boards with any mention of their trading status have all been erased now.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Tj256

•  45 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 09:37:13 AM »
I ordered my machine this past May and I'm still hard at work almost 6 months later trying to get it running. I've lost the original contract I used to justify the purchase of the machine as well.  I feel completely scammed and have gone from recommending MaxNC to everyone (I definitely sent a few dozen sales their way) to recommending them to no-one.

I suppose this thread will wind up deleted as well? Buyer beware!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 09:55:12 AM »
I suppose this thread will wind up deleted as well? Buyer beware!

Somehow I don't think so.

Would be nice to know what went wrong with Max because they were, relatively speaking, a good company with a good product at a good price.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Tj256

•  45 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 10:13:06 AM »
I agree-- In 2001 I purchased the MaxNC10 OL and nobody could touch them for the price. The machine is still working today. I'm sure if they were still responding to tech questions, my issue may have been resolved and my missing parts delivered. Most of my particular issue is likely due to the fact that my machine was dropped and damaged on arrival. I sent it back and they checked it out and gave it a clean bill of health.  I suspect that issues I have now relate to that, and perhaps a new machine wouldn't have these same problems. Mind you the entire process of getting a machine took 2+ months! Maybe whatever trouble they're having now started back then.

If tech support responded, I'm sure there would be a way to resolve my issues rather than rebuilding the controller entirely, and having to have a machine shop build the missing components.

For one-- the machine I have randomly stopped running an axis. I don't know if this is "normal behavior" as a result of the motors/encoders disagreeing, so I never knew were to even start looking to solve the problem.

At any rate, I have a feeling that with a new Gecko controller, and the CL encoders interfaced to MachIII along with a script to shut down if they get out of sync.. I'll be up and running with a good machine.

It's just a shame the journey to get there took so darn long.