Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 06:37:00 PM

Author Topic: brain code for if . . then . . else ?  (Read 4459 times)

brain code for if . . then . . else ?
« on: October 05, 2010, 08:38:56 AM »
How do i create an     if . . then else . . loop ?

I  have two outputs. When one of when one is activated the other must be deactivated. I have tried 2 brain rungs, one that sets Out2 low when Out1 goes high , and a second to set Out1 low when Out2 goes high, but as you would guess they turn each other on and off like a strobe light. not sure how to latch and exit in brains.  in vb i would use an  if then else loop, is there a simple way to mimic that in a brain ?

thanks for any input.

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: brain code for if . . then . . else ?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 06:06:58 PM »
you need an independant control object like a ULED (for two conditions), or a DRO for multiple condition control.

I.e. if you say ULED 1500 is your control, then base the state of the two outputs on its state.

Rungs:

Uled1500->NoOp->Output1   //turns output1 ON/OFF
Uled1500->INvertoutput->Output2 //turns output2 OFF/ON

//scott
fun times
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 07:21:59 PM »
Thanks again.
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 08:19:13 AM »
maybe its my brain ! I understand your last advice, and it works as stated, but it seems i did not ask the right question. what i am trying to do is work with a momentary switch ( a foot pedal) . i would like to press the button, and have it reverse status of two solenoids. tap again, reverse again.  what happens now is that as soon as i release the switch the status reverts.

If you are thinking that i am to lazy to solve it on my own, DAYS and DAYS trying every thing i can think of.

also

(1) how do the 'latch' option work ?

(2) is there ANY way to have a brain trigger a VB script, ANY WAY AT ALL. ? it would be so helpful. it seems so simple.

(3) i simply dont understand what you have said about a bug with user leds not working, could you explain again

I owe you !

Vinny