Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:28:50 AM

Author Topic: Please Help!! Dell optiplex mach3 problem  (Read 8425 times)

Re: Please Help!! Dell optiplex mach3 problem
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2010, 03:50:45 PM »
Still best to run the driver test on the Dell to see what it looks like.
Hood

Hi Hood, I did that first thing with it showing excellent and a pulse variation of less than .2us at 100khz. That's why I was confused when the gcode crashed. I was concerned if Mach might have some conflicts with hardware or something that would be hard to work out. As it turns out I guess it was just the line limit that only kicked in with the parralel port active. Once disabled it runs the whole code. I really need to be able to verify the code before I invest in a license and a bunch of hardware because what I am attempting to automate will probably be in the neighborhood of over 15,000 lines long. If I can't simulate it in the software without failure I would be reluctant to make the investment. Regards, Les

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2010, 03:57:00 PM »
Possibly you could get a free CNC Simulator to help look/manage the code?

http://www.cncsimulator.com/

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2010, 08:38:13 PM »
Possibly you could get a free CNC Simulator to help look/manage the code?

http://www.cncsimulator.com/

Dave
 Hi Dave, Thanks for the link. I will check it out. I like the idea of simulating with the final control software because if it is going to fail it will be there, but it would be nice to have a bit more control over editing and such. Regards, Les

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2010, 08:52:09 PM »
THe one thing you have to watch with the Dells is they load up a bunch of diagnostic software so Dell can trouble shoot you over the direct connection internet. This stuff will play havoc with mach if you do not turn it off or remove it from your system.

Other than that I have 2 dells running fine here.

(;-) TP
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2010, 10:45:31 PM »
THe one thing you have to watch with the Dells is they load up a bunch of diagnostic software so Dell can trouble shoot you over the direct connection internet. This stuff will play havoc with mach if you do not turn it off or remove it from your system.

Other than that I have 2 dells running fine here.

(;-) TP

Hi BR, I know what you mean. I actually hate dell but it was cheap. I load all my own systems in any case after a complete low level format. I won't keep any of that factory trash on any computer. This machine is going to be dedicated to Autocad, Mastercam, and Mach. I hate to waste material because a computer screws up and sends a tool in the wrong direction so this unit has no extra crap at all. Regards, Les