Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:05:52 AM

Author Topic: Image in Mach appears correct but cuts out mirror image  (Read 5570 times)

Image in Mach appears correct but cuts out mirror image
« on: September 27, 2010, 08:51:56 PM »
Just jumping in cutting out my first pieces on my CNC router.

When I load a file into Mach 3, the image appears correct in the proper orientation, but when it gets cut out on the table, it is the mirror image of what is shown in Mach (or my original DXF file for that matter.

Any thoughts on what I have set wrong?

By mirror image I mean if I were cutting out a horse that was facing left, the image faces left, but when cut out it faces right.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Image in Mach appears correct but cuts out mirror image
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 02:13:18 AM »
Sounds like your X axis is set up wrong, when you jog positive your tool should go positive in relation to the work. If it is wrong then go to Config menu then Homing and Limits and change the reverse option.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 08:17:35 AM »
Hood,

Once again you are very helpful. Thanks for helping me get my table up and running.

Kevin
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 11:12:35 AM »
Hood,

Double checking my setup....when jogging the X axis positive (per the jog controls in Mach) the display crosshair moves to the right on the screen and the table moves away from my home switch. This seems correct to me.

On the Y axis, when I jog it positive the display crosshair moves upwards and the table moves away from my home switch.

Its hard to argue the X axis is reversed based on my cutting results, but this seems to be correct to me. Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks

Kevin

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 11:16:06 AM »
Think of the tool, on a knee mill when moving positive the tool will move right in relation to the work for a positive X direction, this means the table will move left.
Hood
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 12:21:16 PM »
I changed the reverse option in the homing and limit configuration screen, and it did home to the opposite end, however when I ran the program again, it begins to cut the wrong direction (mirrored)

I am still missing something here??

Thanks

kevin
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 01:22:55 PM »
OK...I am back on track here. I reversed phase A & B on the motor and all is good now.

Tool movement matches the screen cross hairs   :D

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 02:28:00 PM »
Sounds like you may have changed the Home direction setting but alls well that ends well :)
Hood
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 05:28:20 PM »
Yep, that is exactly what I did. Oh well I took the long ay to get there, but learned more too.

Thanks again!

Kevin