Hello Guest it is April 27, 2024, 10:05:01 AM

Author Topic: Missing parts from DXF import  (Read 2525 times)

Missing parts from DXF import
« on: September 27, 2010, 02:20:48 PM »
I have created a DXF file in AutoCad, and imported it into LazyCAM successfully and all components of the drawing show up in LC.

However once I generate the G code and load it into Mach 3 only portions of the picture are present.

I cannot see a correlation between the parts that show up and those that do not. The only difference I see when importing the file are that some entities show up as a green line an others as a blue line.

I am new to LC and not sure what the different colors represent.

I have made sure the original DWG file has good connections and no unterminated lines.

Any suggestion on what is happening?

I have tried this on two different files, in both cases the DWG file was created from a scanned image using Raster to vector conversion, then cleaned up in Autocad and saved as a DXF file. I have made certain all lines inthe DWG file were on the same layer, and same line type.

Thanks

Kevin
Re: Missing parts from DXF import
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 04:48:42 PM »
I believe I have resolved my issue.....turned out I had not installed the Mach 3 license file....once that was in place the entire picture showed up

HOWEVER.....when I went to cut the item, it looked good on the Mach 3 screen, but when I cut it out....it reversed the image (a mirror image) of it.....has anyone ever heard of this??

Thanks

Kevin

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Missing parts from DXF import
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 09:49:39 PM »
HOWEVER.....when I went to cut the item, it looked good on the Mach 3 screen, but when I cut it out....it reversed the image (a mirror image) of it.....has anyone ever heard of this??

Yep. One axis of your machine is set up backwards.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html