Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 09:38:27 PM

Author Topic: Can this be done in Mach3  (Read 3225 times)

Can this be done in Mach3
« on: September 27, 2010, 12:48:21 PM »
Is there a way to store an x,y,z  position other than 0,0,0 and then go back to it automatically

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Can this be done in Mach3
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 02:54:41 PM »
Depends exactly what you are meaning, what are you wanting to do? Will the axis be stopped when you record the positions?
Hood
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 03:15:52 PM »
yes they would be stopped. What had in mind was this. OK Block 1 of GCODE is loaded it finishes at position 1. I load block 2 of Gcode it starts where block 1 ended. It finishes at position 2. I then load block 3 of Gcode and I want it to start running at position 1.

Also is there something setup that if a change tool is required it can go to a certain position that is pre set up to make it easy change the tool and then change the tool and then have it go back to the same position it was in before it left for the tool change.

I also just thought of this is there a way to stack multiple wizard output into one block of gcode say I needed to do two different inside cut circles of different diameters in the same piece. I would like to use the wizard to create the first circle and then again use the wizard to create the cutpath for the second circle and then gen one complete Gcode block for both circles including any multi passes that may be needed. This is sort of the base for the original example I listed at the top of this post.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 03:24:26 PM »
You can open a wizard and get the code then save it. Open another wizard then open the file and copy and paste into the first etc etc, then eventually you will have one file that does your moves. Other option is the New Fangled Solutions Addons, its a load of wizards that you can use and once done a single file is output, think it costs about $50
Hood
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 03:34:52 PM »
The New Fangled thing may do I want do you know if you can add prexisting gcode say from lazycam into the overall Gcode.

Load dxf using lazycam gen Gcode
use wizard(newFangled)create cut path for circle one
use wizard(newFangled)create cut path for circle two
output Gcode block that contains original lazycam and two circles

run Gcode

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 04:30:33 PM »
You could manually edit it by copy/paste but not link the two and have it do it for you.
Hood