Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 03:51:40 PM

Author Topic: VCarve Wizard CNC Software  (Read 26657 times)

Re: VCarve Wizard CNC Software
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2005, 03:25:30 PM »
Hi again,

Oops - You are correct the Trial version will not save toolpaths for the Optical illusion files - Only the standard files installed with the software - Bulls Head, Open Sign, Clipart components and Cabinet door.

Sorry for the confusion.

Attached are a couple of photo's of some Cutting Trials we recently ran on a Roland Engraving machine into Slate and Wood.

Tony Mac

ynneb

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2005, 07:59:21 AM »
Tony, this may sound like a dumb question, but when you paint inside the engraved letters, how do you stop the paint from creeping to the top surface?
Is it skill or is there a sneaky trick to it ?
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2005, 09:00:36 AM »
Hi Ynneb,

The trick is to seal the top surface with a coat of varnish and then cut through this. The lettering can then be painted / stained and any excess on the surface is simply wiped away.

Another method is to stick a layer of vinyl / film over the bas material and cut through this, then paint etc and finally remove the mask.

Hope this makes sense?

Tony
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2005, 06:58:28 PM »
Hi again,

Oops - You are correct the Trial version will not save toolpaths for the Optical illusion files - Only the standard files installed with the software - Bulls Head, Open Sign, Clipart components and Cabinet door.

Sorry for the confusion.

Attached are a couple of photo's of some Cutting Trials we recently ran on a Roland Engraving machine into Slate and Wood.

Tony Mac

I did not get it to work with even the standard files.
I would DL and try again except my v-belt is broke and I am waiting on Taig to send me another.
These carvings look good but I will never do anything on that scale.

I have figured out Mach 3 Scale Axis feature (I wasn't pressing enter after the input) so when the belt gets here I will try it again.

Offline chad

•  361 361
  • When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2005, 01:26:24 AM »
Hey here is another dumb question but.. What kind of bits are you using?

chad

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2005, 05:24:03 AM »
Hi Chad,

The detail in a design is often cut using Wide angled V-Shaped or conventional Engraving cutters.

See - http://www.vectric.com/index.php?id=30,0,0,1,0,0

The software will also calculate VCarving toolpaths using Ball Nose cutters, which gives interesting results

Regards,

Tony
www.vectric.com
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2005, 05:09:03 PM »
Ricky Bennett owner of SCANCAD in the UK is using VCW to engrave Memorials and Plaques on a Newing Hall Pantocut 4E with a Beyerholm & Moe Microstep controller.

Ricky is very happy with the results and commented,

"VCarve Wizard has enabled our memorial department to v carve letters on memorial plaques and headstones in Stone, Brass, Bronze and Wood."

"We consider it a vital and new ability to CNC machine V cut letters over traditional sandblasting and hand cutting."

Recent memorial projects Ricky has machined using VCW are shown below,

Hope this is interesting to the community,

Tony Mac

Christmas Yard Ornaments & Decorations
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2005, 02:01:33 PM »
With Christmas only a couple of weeks away, why not use the Free Trial Version of VCarve Wizard 2.0 (or the full registered version), to cut some great Yard Ornaments and Decorative Festive Designs on your CNC machine.

The designs shown below can be downloaded from,

Download Christmas Designs

Remember that these files can be scaled to any machine / material size, so you can have a go at making them for yourself. Have Fun and drop me a note if you have any questions or need my assistance.

Regards,

Tony Mac
tonym@vectric.com

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2005, 11:49:26 AM »
Below is a slight variation of the Christmas Ornament design recently posted on the forum.

This sign was v-carved into a 8.5" (220mm) diameter slate blank using a 100 included angle cutter running at 12,000 rpm and 15" per minute, using multiple 0.02" (0.5mm) Z level passes.

Hope this might be of interest,

Tony

ynneb

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2006, 09:36:46 PM »
I recently recieved a licence to V-Carve.
While I havnt yet cut anything with it, I must say the interface and ease of use is very impressive. This is great software for beginners and experienced CNCers
I love the way you can view your work in 3D b4 you've cut anything, and also the selection of timbers. You can even do a tool path simulation ( Great for those who dont yet have a router but want to pretend to cut something )

I will post some cuts I make with it in the next week.

http://vectric.com/index.php?home