Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 06:43:16 PM

Author Topic: How to turn off Wizards that you don't want?  (Read 4258 times)

How to turn off Wizards that you don't want?
« on: August 30, 2010, 04:38:32 PM »
Can anyone tell me how to turn off some of the Wizards that I will never use, so I only have one screen and don't have to scroll down to find what I do need?

I tried just moving them out of the folder, that was a mistake, Mach3 went crazy with errors and I had do do a system roll back to yesterday before it would recover...

Thanks, Ken
Re: How to turn off Wizards that you don't want?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 04:58:03 PM »
Oh and by the way, "don't want to sound like a salesman, but"; it is really fast removing bulk material with the Wizards, then using DeskProto to make the roughing and final finish cuts...  DeskProto is really sweet, with one exception, doesn't have a feature to ramp you in for plunging into the material.  I have used BobCAM, MasterCAM, and a few others that caused a large learning curve for me, and non is as sweet as DeskProto V5 for finishing in the least amount of time, programing is effortless and  flawlessly (So far), (With DeskProto, I was up and running same day, without all the tutorials and all the other BS to go through, it even has wizards to tune in the exact spec's of your machine and post processor), I have inserted a spindle start with a 3 second pause before the program starts, so the spindle can get up to speed before starting to cut (Syil X4) starts the spindle and heads for material all in a split second, before it ever gets up to speed, BAD, BAD, BAD)).  DeskProto has a home hobby (Full) version on sale, $1k off right now (US funds).  Find any other almost full function CAMware you can get up and running for under $400 bucks and only have a few days learning curve to be confident in you g-code program!
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 09:40:50 PM »
Al you need to do is remove the folders form the Mach3/addons folder. Each folder holds one wizard.

You should do this when mach is not running. Mach reads the folder each time it starts up, but if you deleted folders while it was runningit might get confused

Of course, next time you install a new version mach will put back all the wizards.
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 09:21:21 AM »
Thanks, I'll try that...  Don't remember if Mach3 was running when I tried to remove the folders (didn't think so), but I do know that the machine was in the ON position and I was running it prior...

After my mess up, when I tried to start Mach3, I got like (30) error messages, and nothing I tried made them go away, so I did a [system roll back] to the previous day, and that did fixed it, I was assuming that they were 'registry storage' errors that got screwed up b/c they couldn't find the folder (even after I [restored] the folders back the errors were still there)...

Thanks again,
Ken