Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:16:13 AM

Author Topic: Mach 3 doing wierd things  (Read 18891 times)

Re: Mach 3 doing wierd things
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2010, 04:15:41 PM »
I cut two parts flawlessly. I just started the next part and on the 4th toolpath, a pocketing operation,  I noticed that the depth didn't seem correct. I went to look and see what was happening when I saw the machine return to make another pass and then.... I saw the machine travel in the x direction, stop, pause, the DRO on the x axis changed and the tool position is off. Here we go again!

Everything was working great. I did notice that there were a few differences between my previous Mach and the new install. One thing is the ATZ actually follows the code, before the tool height we be some random height about the material, now it is always 1.000. Also it seems like when you push Cycle Start the machine moves and then pauses (I have a 7 second delay), before I think it paused then moved. Oh well, I still need to get this sorted out. The parts I'm running now have about a 3 1/2 hour cycle time. I can't be having problems with these.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2010, 04:24:52 PM »
Well the 7 second delay is due to you having that set for spindle spin up, it should happen when your code has a M3 or M4 call.

You say the X DRO changed, what did it change to and what should it have been? Do you have any Brains or Plugins running?
Hood
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2010, 04:34:27 PM »
I didn't keep track of where the DRO went, but I did watch it change. This happened during a pocketing toolpath, 18 passes, it happened on the 4th pass. I stopped the program, pushed Go To Zero and it wasn't the original starting point. There are no brains running, but I do have one for the ModIOMPG and one for the auxillary ATZ push button.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2010, 04:38:26 PM »
Did the toolpath show the machine moving the wrong way?

Did Terry have any suggestions?
Hood
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2010, 04:42:49 PM »
The machine didn't appear to show the toolpath moving the wrong way, it appears that it traveled as far as it "thought" it should in relation to X,Y origin. I didn't get a chance to pm Terry yet, I was going to try to get some work done. I think I'll try shutting down and restarting the computer and see what happens. I'll also pm Terry in the meantime since it looks like I now have a slightly different problem.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2010, 04:46:34 PM »
If it happens again try and keep notes such as where the DRO says it is, where it actually is, whether the toolpath shows etc, might help narrow things down.
Hood
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2010, 04:49:22 PM »
I'll do that, I'm setting up another part. I'll take a picture of the bad one and you can see the problem.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2010, 04:58:51 PM »
ok :)
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2010, 05:21:23 PM »
Here is the picture of the part that is wrong. I used black marker to highlight the intended path (which is cut really rough, you can see a different finished part beside it and it used the same tool and parameters). The orange is where the problem occured. And the machine just did it again on the new part.
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2010, 05:23:28 PM »
Here's a screenshot of the last occurance. What a PITA this is getting to be. This happened right after a tool change and using the ATZ function.