Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 04:47:08 AM

Author Topic: New to Site with Machine Questions  (Read 9578 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: New to Site with Machine Questions
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 02:49:26 PM »
It is a limitation of the demo version so if you have a licence for Mach make sure it has installed by looking at the Help menu then About Mach, it will say if its demo or licenced to someone.
Hood

Oh I am meaning the Run from Here feature just in case you wondered what I was meaning :D
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 04:05:52 PM by Hood »
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 04:39:19 PM »
 ;D Thanks RC,

The debouncer was the problem.  I changed the settings and the program ran without any problems.  Now I'm going to screw the spoil board down to the table and skim cut the surface with my 2-1/2" dia insert type spoil board cutter.  I'll let you know how it all comes out.

Thanks for the insert from the manual.  I guess I'd better do a little more reading.

Hey Hood,  Thanks for the reply.  Yes, the software is licensed to me, but after reading the section of the manual that RC posted for me, I realize I as trying to do something that the software doesn't do.  That's OK, I'll get better as I continue to design and run on the machine.

Thanks for the help.  Full speed ahead.

Chuck 
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2009, 06:55:42 PM »
Chuck,
   You should reduce the Debounce setting to the point where you begin to have problems again, then increase it slightly. The high number was just to verify the problem.
If you had good switches and sheilded cables, no noise from other wires, it should run with a setting of "0".
Put the pedal to the metal and let the chips/dust fly !
RC
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2009, 12:00:18 AM »
 ???Hey RC or Hood

I cut my spoil board today before I went home.  The machine and program performed well with no problems.  However, the surface did not come out flat, it is .010 to .015 deeper on one side of the cut to the other side.  I designed and programed the surface cut in VCarve Pro.  The process started at the front left hand corner of my machine (home) and cut back and forth in the X axis and continued up the Y axis until it got to the back of the table on the machine.  Everytime the cutter changed cross direction (X axis) it leaves a ridge.

Do you any idea what this may be?  I have already readjusted the postion of the "Z" axis as it was originally out of adjustment going up and down.  When I finished it ran up and down within .0015.  Could there be movement or backlash?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Chuck   
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2009, 12:33:00 AM »
Chuck,

If you need to change the extension ( ie to *.txt) you need to do two things.

Windows defaults to hide those extensions from you, making it VERY annoying to try to change the.

so step one is, get windows to show you the file extensions (the part after the dot)

here are instructions I found after a quick Google.

http://www.fileinfo.net/help/windows-show-extensions.html

Once you have done that all the files will get the dot and the rest showing up.

Then Copy your file so you have a backup, right click on the backup, from the menu that pops up, select rename.

The cursor will show up on the name and you can edit it to be what you want.
When you are done click away or hit enter.
If you change the extension it'll warn you it might make it unusable, hit ok,
and you should be done. Don't remove the dot, and if you keep the part after the
dot to 3 characters you'll be happier.

Hope that helps.

Eric-

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2009, 01:07:22 AM »
cdacab

in your Z axis assembly something mechanical is loose or out of tram.when you load that cutter your capability to hold it true is not there.when you start to cut it digs in and loads out all the loose
motion that it can find.if you think that everything is true and tight then try taking a light cut.

bill

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2009, 12:17:00 PM »
Hey Bill,

When I took my cut it was only .020, infact it didn't even cut some areas.  I have already re-trammed the "Z" axis cradle to within .0015 going up and down the entire distance.  The only thing I need to recheck is if something is loose with the bearing housings.

Thanks, Chuck 
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2010, 05:53:57 PM »
Chuck,

I have been reading your issues on the "Z" axis. I had a similar problem on my vertical mill which has a lot of "Lost Motion" in the movement.
Try this.
Go to "Config" then click on "Backlash" and set your "Z" axis to 20% just to try ad see if it works. if not increase it or decrease it depending on the outcome.
The software works great. In my case it was the gunner and not the gun. I strongly suggest reading the Manual which you can download. That make life more tollarable.

John