Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:09:33 PM

Author Topic: My x 'zero' changes on me!!  (Read 2438 times)

My x 'zero' changes on me!!
« on: September 01, 2010, 07:12:31 PM »
I'm new to CNC and Mach3 and I'm frustrated with my x axis changing (my rout gets off and if I 'go to zero' the x is off.)  It happened earlier after the central AC in my shop kicked on.  The router rpms dropped momentarily and the pattern was obviously off after that.  I ran the code again with the AC, dust collector and air compressor off and it did it again!  This is the third time out of a dozen attempts that it has occurred.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jim Williams
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 07:14:22 PM by jimwill2 »

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: My x 'zero' changes on me!!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 09:29:37 PM »
A router can create a lot of noise on the leads to the motors and cause problems so make sure they are shielded and grounded properly.

I would also recomend that you run your machine off a dedicated circuit which will not be influenced by other power users. The circuit should be suitable for total of all the users. In the case or a motor 1.5 to 2 times normal current draw ( i don't remember what code states ).

Try lowering your acceleration and velocity first and see if it makes a difference. Say 30% below max velocity and test.

RICH
Re: My x 'zero' changes on me!!
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 09:35:17 PM »
I had the computer plugged in to the same circuit as the CNC... I separated them and ran a test run with no problems.  I'll play with it some more before making a finish run.
Thanks for the reply!

Jim