Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 04:30:43 AM

Author Topic: 3rd try is the charm Mach3 Controllable PWM Spindle Motor Controller  (Read 38718 times)

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
Re: 3rd try is the charm Mach3 Controllable PWM Spindle Motor Controller
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 03:56:46 PM »
What frequency are you able to use with this circuit on the PWM setting in mach? I made a similar setup for a buddy using a DC SSR. The problem with the SSR is the frequency. and lower speeds you notice the lower frequency. Wondering how this performs.
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2011, 04:01:15 PM »
I will have to double check but i believe it is around 400hz. the higher in freq you go, the more motor heating you experiance due to the inductance of the motors coils. so there is a limit to how high of freq you can run. higher the freq, more power but higher temps also. so you have to play with it a bit. i think when i started i was around 100hz but i cant remember what the final number was i settled on.

Zc
Super PID to MAch3 v1.8
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2011, 04:12:53 PM »
Hi guys , im trying to set Mach3 to control Super PID, so far i have it running,but cant find the way to control the speed nor read it on Mach3. Ive been doing trial and error for over 8 hours now, and i ran out of options...my head hurts..
thanks for any help or tip on the matter.
Javi

Offline Sly

•  1 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2011, 05:57:59 PM »

I plan on using a modified Dremel 395 as my spindle motor. I have removed the Dremels internal Triac based speed
control as the internal motor is a universal motor that will run on AC or DC. I added a IR LED and a Phototransistor to
the dremel motor to send a speed pulse back to Mach3. I removed the AC power cord and added a 5pin CB radio type
connector on the rear for the 2 wires for the motor and 3 for the speed sensor system(details on that later...thats next).

Hi Zero Cool!
Thanks to share this with us.
This is a really great schematic, I have looked for during 3 days before finding something interesting,
so do you have more info about the IR LED and the phototransistor?
I am ready to order at Digi-key but I don't want to send my order before be sure about the ir led and phototransistor.

I see that the post is almost 1 year old but I wish to have some news soon
Thank you  and have a great time
Sly
Sly
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2013, 06:13:27 AM »
anything i need to change for 220v?