Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:12:54 AM

Author Topic: Auto Tool Change  (Read 6122 times)

Offline kcib

•  74 74
    • View Profile
Auto Tool Change
« on: August 23, 2010, 08:36:57 PM »
Hi Dave
I have just updated to the latest Mach version (19) and MSM beta 7 and have just come across a slight problem , as I said the other day i have my auto tool changer working perfectly but since I have updated there is a small problem , when I initiate a tool change the auto changer works and the tool changer changes to the tool I request but as the sequence finishes I get a message on the screen which reads ( Control reset ,tool change aborted )  and at the top of the screen it reads ( Scripter Compile Error in C:\Mach3\Macros\MyMachStdMill\M6EndBody.m1s ) , not sure if this is a bug or not as the tool changer worked without any problems with Mach3 version (16) and MSM beta 5
Thanks
Alan
Re: Auto Tool Change
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 09:43:33 PM »
Alan,
Hang on - a fix is coming.
Dave
Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 10:36:53 PM »
Sorry - that bug was my fault.
I missed converting a RunScript call in the M6 sequence - the call was using the old RS semantics not the new ones in 3.43.19.
This caused the RunScript call to invoke the M6ATC hook to fail. If that fails, the code aborts the tool change - as it's considered poor form to do an ATC routine without the user supplied ATC script...

I am uploading MSM 0.3.7 (Beta 8 ) - it has problem fixed.

I'm not sure when it will show up on the web page as it is getting late on the US east coast.
I've sent Scott an email, it if doesn't see it this eve, I"m sure he'll update the links tomorrow.

Dave

« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 10:44:05 PM by DaveCVI »
Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com

Offline kcib

•  74 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 05:09:22 AM »
Hi Dave
thanks for the quick fix , auto tool changer now working OK without causing any errors
Thanks
Alan