Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 06:27:20 PM

Author Topic: Servo Drive Review. First 4 drives Gecko, Viper, Rutex, Leadshine  (Read 35729 times)

Offline simpson36

•  1,369 1,369
    • View Profile
Re: Servo Drive Review. First 4 drives Gecko, Viper, Rutex, Leadshine
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2010, 08:22:09 PM »
I've kept the original SEM servo motors which are rated at about 140v, 25A.  The rating put them outside the capabilities of Gecko's which were my first choice.
I've been trying to buy these motors on ebay and I keep getting sniped each time. What do you think of the motors in general?
To give the Dugongs a real test, I have decided to use one for my spindle drive controller.  The mill has a 5Hp DC motor which is pretty big physically.
For that big brute motor, you should include a BIG braking resistor on the Dugong. The drive uses the resistor automatically . . a nice feature . . and it should be fairly indestructible so long as it has the big resistor to dump to.

Incidentally, I have added the Granite Devices VSD drive to that review and I will be adding the MR-C and J2S series Mitsubishi industrial drives as well once I have some more experience with them (and get some time). The review link does not change, so hitting it again always gets the latest version.