Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:57:55 PM

Author Topic: Working on a touchscreen set...  (Read 12979 times)

Re: Working on a touchscreen set...
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 01:41:44 AM »
I have changed the font colors and sizes to bring out the more important data. Next I'll soften the font and colors on the buttons.

Again, the colors are still flexible, I'll play with them after the buttons.
"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." Antoine de Saint-Exupery (1900 - 1944)
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2010, 11:55:50 AM »
Getting closer...

I like this a lot better. Now I'll start on other screens.
"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." Antoine de Saint-Exupery (1900 - 1944)

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010, 12:12:03 PM »
Imo, the faded text on the buttons makes them harder to read. But it's your screen, so do what you like best. :)
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2010, 01:02:07 PM »
Imo, the faded text on the buttons makes them harder to read.

Yes, they are. But that's kinda the point. I am attempting to have the DROs be the most prominent so that the information that is most important will jump out. So that has the other stuff have to take a back seat.

I actually don't yet know what is best. Since this is only an image and is not functional, I cannot try it out yet. I haven't designed a screen before so this is all an experiment.

I value your comments, thanks.
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2010, 02:02:28 AM »
Hey, nice screen so far. Good to see that you are using Paint Shop Pro. I am also a loyal user of PSP since ver. 3. But recently switched over to Realdraw just for Mach3 screens. I still do the more complex jobs in PSP but when I am designing Mach3 screens from scratch then Realdraw is the best choice. It will be interesting to see how your project evolves. I have also done a bunch of Bridgeport machines myself.

Zafar