Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 05:17:59 PM

Author Topic: Subroutine library ability?  (Read 2389 times)

Offline rcaffin

•  1,054 1,054
    • View Profile
Subroutine library ability?
« on: August 22, 2010, 11:58:34 PM »
I am machining a number of different bits. I control the dimensions by having a 'data file' external to the main g-code file: it contains just parameter setting statements and is called as an external subroutine. To alter a part I just edit the dimanions in the data file.

I also use several canned routines for many vaguely similar parts. It seems (I may be wrong) that these canned routines must be included at the end of the main g-code file. I would love to be able to put them in a separate library file instead, and invoke that at the start of the main g-code file. However, it seems that when Mach3 reads in a subroutine file during the load process, it does not register any subroutine labels in that file for use from the main code file. On the other hand, it obviously does register all the subroutine labels when it reads in the main code file.

It would be very nice if Mach4 could register multiple labels from within a subroutine file (common library routines) and be able to call them. All it would take is a slight change to the loader. Would this be possible?

Cheers