Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:32:22 PM

Author Topic: Modifying lathe wizards  (Read 3021 times)

Modifying lathe wizards
« on: August 12, 2010, 10:10:01 AM »
Hi,
is there an easy way to modify the turning wizard? I run a slant bed lathe with in effect a rear turret. So have to edit the output of the wizard, change G02 for G03 and M3 for M4 and vis versa,

If not an easy way will a copy of visual studio 2002 do the job rather than 2003?

Regards

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Modifying lathe wizards
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 08:03:20 PM »
What happens if you go to CONFIG> PORTS & PINS> TURN OPTION and check Reversed Arc's in Front Tool Post?
RICH
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 06:13:09 AM »
Good thinking butjavascript:void(0);, When I said "in effect", it actually is a rear turret. There is NO front tool post. The action of the Reversed Arc's is what I want, on the rear tool post. ( Boxford 160TCL with 8 station turret)

Was starting to think if I configured it as if it was actually a front tool post, but would need to swap the z axis polarity etc, re hand the cutting tools etc.

And would still have to correct the spindle rotation direction, hence me wanting to swap lines in the wizard code. Else I just write a batch file to automate the process of swapping in the wizard output.

Peter

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 06:35:31 AM »
Peter,
Can't help much in respect to a turret operation. Hopefully Hood will chime in as he has experience with turret use / quicks associated with it.
Relative to reversing the arc's and affect on the axis movements, you can have a look at page 9 in "Mach3 Turn - Arc Motion" which you can find in Members Docs. That was done a long time ago and you won't find much info on intended use.

RICH