Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:30:44 AM

Author Topic: Machine warm up sequence?  (Read 5274 times)

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
Machine warm up sequence?
« on: August 12, 2010, 08:52:28 PM »
I would like my machine to go thru a set of moves at start up. Preferably I would like it to go from each extreme on each axis, maybe all 3 moving at once. I am not sure if that would be a macro or a gcode or if those are the same in some way. I read all of these terms but the AHA moment is usually when the tool is crashing into the workpiece. So I think I finally figured out my machines limits.
X 11.75 - -.25
Y 3.85 - -.75
Z 14.75 - 0
Those are my ranges in each axis according to my machine coordinates. That is also where my soft limits are set. How would I go about writing a repetitive series of moves in all 3 axis for say a 5 minute time period? Feedrate around 16ipm? Would I run it all the way to the limits as set in the soft liimit and let the decel at the ends take over or run it up to the point of it decelerating and switch directions? I would think run it all the way to the ends of the soft limits as I do have .5 or so more in physical travel. Seems like it would just be beneficial to the machines well being. Any help would be great, I do read about others setting something like this up. Unless it is just loading a gcode a little walk thru would be nice. Thanks  
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Machine warm up sequence?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 03:09:13 AM »
Just write a warm up code and load it when you want it to run. If wanting to move to the extremes each run then using G53 moves would be the easiest way as you wouldnt need to take work offsets into account. Repeating could be done either long hand or with a M47 at the end of the code. If using the M47 then all you would need to do is set it running then when you wanted to stop just press the feedhold.

Hood

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 05:21:20 AM »
The break-in Wizard that swaggs21 developed may help you set this up a little easier.

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,13915.0.html

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 08:02:28 AM »
Hood & Budman, Thanks for the response. Swaggs wizard is exactly what I was looking for. However when I load the screen I cant get to the lower options of the screen. The page down doesnt move the screen. Much like being in the wrong resolution. I see no other options in the set file (like I would know what to do). Mach is in the right size. So I am not sure what I did wrong. I notice there are 2 downloads. 1 is a zip file and the other a .rar. Is there a difference? If yes do I install it differently?
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 09:57:56 AM »
First I have seen the wizard but just downloaded he rar and it shows fine for me Did you extract it to your Addons folder and open it via the Wizard menu?
Hood

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 11:18:09 AM »
Hood, he got it working as he mentioned in the Break-in thread:

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,13915.0.html

Dave

Dave->    ;)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 11:23:10 AM »
Thanks Dave

Hood

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 11:24:46 AM »
 ;)

Dave->    ;)

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 11:37:36 AM »
Hood, Start all of your replies  to me like this. "user error?" Funny, How many people are on this earth? About 10 people answer all of my questions. Hood, Hoss, Budman, Chaotic1 and all the others. thanks

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 11:41:15 AM »
Hood, Start all of your replies  to me like this. "user error?"

He already has one of those..........  ME!  ;D

Glad to be of help,

Dave

Dave->    ;)