Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:25:45 AM

Author Topic: Soft Limits help in M3  (Read 3036 times)

Soft Limits help in M3
« on: March 11, 2011, 08:59:18 AM »
First off let me say sorry if this has been addressed else where, I did do a search first but didn't see anything helpful.

I just recently got M3 and had it working just fine but then one day I accidentally opened hotkeys and closed it without making any changes but found that somehow it messed up all my hotkeys and set them to 999!  I reset most of them (the ones I use) and everything seemed to be back to normal but now when i try to turn on softlimits it says that one of my axis's is out of softlimits boundaries.  I looked at my homing and limits and verified that ALL axis's were set to normal settings and that my dro's were in side of the ranges but still no go on the softlimits.  I have been dealing with this on my own for a few days with no luck...any insight guys?!
Re: Soft Limits help in M3
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 09:01:14 AM »
Also, the same hols true for the slow zone, it does not work but my ref switches do work.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 09:04:13 AM »
Either your oftlimits are set wrong or you have not homed correctly. Look at machine coords and see if they look to be correct in relation to the machine position.
If yo want to attach your profiles xml it may hold a clue.
Hood
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 10:52:13 AM »
I figured it out.  My Z is set to go negative as it goes down.  I put a negative value in max and 0 in minimum; I needed to change it to having 0 as the max and - as the minimum. 

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 11:03:04 AM »
Yes thats the correct way.
Good you got it figured out :)
Hood