Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:50:07 AM

Author Topic: Few forum changes  (Read 3246 times)

ynneb

Few forum changes
« on: October 26, 2006, 07:59:21 PM »
I have made a few forum changes to cater for our current uses.

The maximum amount of posts to be displayed will now be 10 posts per page, instead of 60. You will now need to use the numbers at the bottom of the page to navigate to more posts in the same thread.( As shown in bottom attachment) This is to make loading time a bit faster for those threads with lot of pictures. Please let me know if this is a good or bad change.

All pictures from now on will only be able to be submitted if they are 1000 or less pixels wide. This should solve the issue of mammoth pictures been posted. Bigger is not necessarily better if the viewer cant see them all.

New display on main page for daily users on line. Helps show that this place is not a ghost town. ( We definitely know it isn't )

New blog ability for all members. You will see blog number beside your name. If you click on that you will then be able to write your daily blogs etc. Unfortunately it isn't very obvious, so I am not sure how often it will be used or read. ( Anyway we can only see if its useful )

BMPs will not be able to be posted, they are unnecessarily big in file size. JPGs is a far better option.

Other small changes.

Please let me know if these things work or are a hindrance. I have tried to compromise on generosity vs efficient use.

Regards Benny
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 08:01:11 PM by ynneb »
Re: Few forum changes
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 11:31:32 AM »
Benny I am at the point where I wil only be able to check the Mach3 Lcam and VB every day :( It just takes to long to check all of them :(

Is there a way to make it so it works in my Email :)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

ynneb

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 02:25:54 AM »
Brian I have explored the mail aspect to this forum and while some have managed to hack this in, it appears problematic at best.

We all appreciate your contributions. No stress do what you can. It was never meant to become a place where only one man answered all the questions. I notice that there are now a few regulars who are answering many questions for people. I really appreciate thier contributions too. ( They know who they are )

Worst case, we can close the forum down and return to Yahoo.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 08:21:19 AM by ynneb »
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 08:02:56 AM »
That is funny :)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com