Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 06:05:26 AM

Author Topic: Bizarre Homing problem  (Read 2532 times)

Bizarre Homing problem
« on: July 23, 2010, 09:18:52 AM »
Something bizarre is happening with mach3 since I installed x/y home switches. When I reset Mach3, I can REF ALL HOME with no problem. After that, REF ALL HOME does nothing unless I reset. Strangest of all, if I try to load any g-code file or regen toolpath, the progress dialog displays but hangs until I cancel it. Also, the X/Y/Z Zero buttons don't work (work coords). After a reset, everything works again until REF ALL HOME. I'm using the Blue Screen.

The two home switches are wired in series and the controller is a Gecko G540. Input 1 (pin 10) is a touch plate. Input 2 (pin 11) is the home switch circuit. Running XP and everything worked very well until I connected the home switches. The lights come on in the diagnostics screen correctly.

The home position is the top left of the machine. xml file is attached. Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Bizarre Homing problem
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 09:37:54 AM »
You have a home switch enabled for the A axis so I am thinking that if you dont actually have one then Mach is still doing the Ref All  and hanging waiting for the A axis switch.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 09:46:03 AM »
That was the problem! Thanks, Hood!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 09:48:52 AM »
no problem :)