Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 02:47:28 PM

Author Topic: Where's the V4 documentation?  (Read 4028 times)

Where's the V4 documentation?
« on: July 23, 2010, 10:38:14 PM »
Read on the Mach3 Yahoo group that the Version 4 documentation was ready for posting so Where's the beef? :D

Eric
Re: Where's the V4 documentation?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 12:27:56 AM »
Hi,
I have not seen the yahoo post you re referring to, but I think some concepts must have been mixed up - I'll try to separate them.
(Pardon me while I go into slightly verbose language mode to take a crack at clearing this up).

MachStdMill (MSM) is a screen set and functionality enhancement software package that is available for beta testing.
MSM includes a fairly complete set of documents as part of it's install. However, all the documents installed by MSM pertain to either the MSM beta package (for use on Mach3 V3) or Mach3 V3 itself.

Mach3 V4 is an unreleased product that is in development by Newfangled Solutions. Sometimes Brian will post and say a bit or two in various forums (for example on the Yahoo Mach3 list) about his plans and what's happening with the V4 development. However, to the best of my knowledge, there are no Mach3 V4 documents that have been released by Newfangled.

Some confusion may derive from the fact that MSM is a project that started life as the prototype of the V4 user interface for Mach3 V4. However, what is currently available for beta test is a Mach3 V3 specific version of MSM.

So, if you are indeed looking for Mach3 V4 documentation, I don't know of any public documents.

If you are looking for the beta version of MachStdMill (that runs on Mach3 V3), then this is the place.
In which case, please see the sticky posts at the top of this forum for more info about MSM.

Dave
Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 12:14:47 PM »
Sorry Dave I was refering to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mach1mach2cnc/message/120699 this post from Brian. I stand corrected MSM documentation is the V4 documentation he is refering to. Thanks

Eric :)

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 12:27:58 PM »
Ah, so it was a "Brian drive by post..."     ROFL
Dave

Sorry Dave I was refering to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mach1mach2cnc/message/120699 this post from Brian. I stand corrected MSM documentation is the V4 documentation he is refering to. Thanks

Eric :)

Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com