Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:44:54 AM

Author Topic: First Time Setup and I am losing my mind  (Read 10607 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: First Time Setup and I am losing my mind
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2010, 05:07:31 PM »
I dont really think its a problem with the port as I would think you would see the problem with the cable unplugged as well, but you never know. Heres hoping its the cable.
Hood
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2010, 06:25:27 PM »
Looks like it is the cable when connected to pin 15 on one end it connects to pin 2 on the other end.

I would have never looked there as it was a brand new cable from cablestogo and I have never had a problem with them before.

Anyway, I have a new cable that should arrive tomorrow. But I will go through and splice the one I have to see if I can't get it to work.

Thanks for the help

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2010, 06:39:34 PM »
Great news, I am sure thats what it will be, make sure you check the rest of the pins though as there may be more.
Hood
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2010, 03:13:59 AM »
The manual ended ambiguously, or maybe I am the only one who didn't catch how to make the software get out of emergency mode. Is there another trick?, or is there software that will control the stepper motors for real? The software included from Longs Motors does not unzip, so I downloaded software from Artsoft, which must have been a mistake. The port address is correct, is there something else needed to make this work? The software appears, at least looks like it could be of of value, yet nothing works in e-mode, thus rendering it useless, with no information easily available to make it work.  Tried switching port logic - no avail. I've heard rumors of people who have made Mach3 work, are they all on youtube because they were able to make this work?, or has someone else cracked this code? 
 It looks so good, yet with RESET flashing, the program is useless. Has anybody gotten this to work? It seems popular, thus, I must be the only one who has not figured out what was trying to be said. Very Frustrating.
By default, this program does not work, is there a program that can work somewhat like this one looks like it should, but with a manual that tells one how to make it work? This has cost a tremendous amount of money so far. There is a license .dat file that came on the mini-CD, but the
(Chinese) original program did not unjzip on my computer. That's why I downloaded a version from Artsoft - and that must be a problem, if not the only problem besides the incomplete manual .
JZ

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2010, 04:28:11 AM »
John
better sit down and take a deep breath and relax, you are obviously a bit annoyed at this time ;D
Mach does work and it is very simple to set up a basic configuration but can be daunting when its all new to you.

What message do you get when you try to Reset?
Have a look on the Diagnostics page and see if any LEDs are lit up for Limits or Emergency.
Change the active state of the E-Stop in Ports and Pins, Inputs.

These are a few simple things to do but if they dont help then post again but this time try and give some information about your machine and if possible a link to any documentation. Also attaching your xml would help troubleshoot.

Hood

Offline mr.c

•  40 40
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2010, 11:29:53 AM »
Read this thread and note the last post. Try clicking active low in configuration of estop.  I had this happen last  year and did a search and found a solution. This may have been it.
http://www.cnczone.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-99470.html
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2010, 08:03:39 PM »
Setting the active low for e-stop worked. I am now ready to move to the next step. (I was just about to ring-out my cable, but now I can recheck all my pin settings and see if I can move the motor.) It is such a relief to see the Reset not flashing - THANK You Guys Very Much for your response. JZ