Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 01:13:51 PM

Author Topic: Number of MPG axes?  (Read 3181 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Number of MPG axes?
« on: July 18, 2010, 09:27:29 PM »
MSM does not impose any restriction except that I could only fit one MPG in the jogging panel on the screens. This was a trade off between generality and complexity - we figured one MPG covered most MPG users.

So if you have two, then you need to select the specific axis, which is reduced functionality, thus, both are not operatable at the same time....?

On a lathe it is realy nice to have two mounted on the carriage such that you duplicate a natural manual operation. I know this is for
the mill but just thought i would throw it out. When used on the mill, using say CopyCat to scan / get Gcode for a piece then two are used to advantage since you don't need to distract thinking while working.

RICH
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 10:08:34 PM by DaveCVI »
Re: Number of MPG axes?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 10:07:39 PM »
Rich,
It's been a long while since that area was created - I had to go back and look again.
You are correct that the 1024 fly out had many little buttons for 3 different MPG axes.

I'll think about how that might be added into the MSM probing panel - would not be easy at first glance from a visual layout standpoint.

A feedback technique I'll use for many things like this is to get input from many and see if a clear consensus develops.
I know that no software will ever satisfy all people - so I like to get some sanity check to backup change proposals.

So... I'd like to get a feel from the user base: How important is > 1 MPG for jogging for mill/router usage?

Let the opinions fly....

Dave

P.S.. I split this topic off to a new thread to separate the incoming opinions form the old thread
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 10:09:37 PM by DaveCVI »
Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 06:48:09 AM »
Dave,
At this point in time, and relating to any future comments I make, just consider them comments.
Some may need clarification.
I think you should just let the screen set be, as is, and let the users identify whatever they can over some period of time.

You may want to start a new thread and call it Manual Comments.

RICH

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 06:59:26 AM »
One MPG will work for me in mill.
--
Tom