Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:12:45 PM

Author Topic: Button Script  (Read 3427 times)

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
Button Script
« on: July 18, 2010, 12:30:40 PM »
Dave,

Can I edit button script for Ref All and put my old button script in? I had some script to move off the switches so I wouldn't have to do it manually to get to the work. I see clicking Operations, Edit Button Script, the editor window opens with #expand <Scripts\All-RefAllHome>. Looking at All_RefAllHome.m1s it looks like I don't want to be fooling with this!! But can I just paste my old button script right on the button?

Here's my current (old) script/

DoButton( 24 )
While IsMoving()
Sleep 10
Wend
Code("G53G1f50Z-.5")
While IsMoving()
Sleep 10
Wend
DoButton( 23 )
While IsMoving()
Sleep 10
Wend
Code("G53G1f50Y-.5")
While IsMoving()
Sleep 10
Wend
DoButton( 22 )
While IsMoving()
Sleep 10
Wend
Code("G53G1f50X.5")
While IsMoving()
Sleep 10
Wend
DoButton( 25 )

DoOEMButton(133)
DoOEMButton(134)
DoOEMButton(135)

Thanks
Tom
--
Tom
Re: Button Script
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 01:59:16 PM »
Tom,
My apologies, I had the instructions for how to do what you want 80% written and then I hit the wrong button and they disappeared     :-\

I will recreate them and get you an answer - but I have something else I need to do this morning first, so there will be a short delay - sorry.

Dave
Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 02:53:04 PM »
No problem, Dave, I'll be out for a while, too.

Now that I think about it, I probably could put my script in an *.m1s file, put it where the other scripts are, C:\Mach3\ScreenSetMacros\MachStdMill.set\scripts, call it whatever dot m1s, then edit the button script to call that. I see how it works now, I think. I'll wait for your official response, however!!

Thanks
Tom
--
Tom
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 04:32:33 PM »
Hi Tom,

In response to your inquiry, I'm about to post (in a separate thread) a short document that I wrote up to explain to people how to do what I really wish they would not do during the beta program.   ???

I believe adults should be treated as such and so my philosophy is usually going to be to let people have as much rope as they like to hang themselves with...  In exchange I insist that people also understand that I am not here to "Save you from the hangman's rope".  :o

Please give the info I post in the other thread due consideration wrt to your desire to mod an MSM button.

Dave
Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com