Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:43:54 AM

Author Topic: Z Axis Double Counting  (Read 3365 times)

Offline fhb

•  3 3
    • View Profile
Z Axis Double Counting
« on: May 08, 2010, 09:24:24 AM »
Hello,

Wondering if anyone can help. The Z axis on my lathe is double counting in radius mode and quadruple counting in diameter mode. i.e. if I measure the z axis movement 5mm actual, the display reads 10 in radius mode and 20 in diameter mode. The x axis is fine..? This problem just appeared this morning.

I'm a bit new to all of this so I would appreciate any help I can get....!!

Fraser.

Offline fhb

•  3 3
    • View Profile
Re: Z Axis Double Counting
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 09:52:17 AM »
In addition to the above I have noticed that the tool path lines shown on the part display are above the stock and not below it as with the offline version of Mach3 I use. The carriages do move in the correct directions when a programme is run, however the diameters achieved on thepart are incorrect due to the above problem (I think)....all a bit strange and very frustrating.......

Offline fhb

•  3 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 10:39:15 AM »
Sorry I'm talking rubbish....it's the x axis that's miss counting, the z axis is fine......I think I should stick to flower arranging and give this techy stuff a miss..!!!!!

Offline khalid

•  213 213
    • View Profile
    • My Wood carving
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 12:52:29 PM »
I think half the steps/unit setting for the troubled axis

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 04:27:37 PM »
Are the x axis steps per unit correct or double of what they whould be?

When in Machine coordinates the DRO's will display absolute values and always show the X distance in terms of a radius even
though you may be in diameter mode. So if you configure for radius mode then there should not be any confusion when you check it.
Machine coordinates are picked in the manual screen since you have a choice of machine, part, and program.

Hope this helps..... ???
RICH