Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 08:29:59 AM

Author Topic: How to Moved Leadin and out  (Read 2662 times)

How to Moved Leadin and out
« on: July 15, 2010, 12:41:08 AM »
I used LC2.66 for plasmacut G Code gennerate. Now I have 2 ploblems. First how to move or change leadin and out ( i mean can i move leadin from chain no1 to chain no2 ? ). Second how to set offset or kerf compensation for plasma torch.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: How to Moved Leadin and out
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 08:53:02 AM »
Tutorial #7 in the manual covers Lead - ins and outs. Not sure i understand what you are trying to do. IE; A single lead in and lead out would be applied to  a single machining operation( usualy offsetting or cutter compensation ). See page 25 of the manual . If the chain is a machining operation it would seem that it would just be easier to add them.
You can change the location of the lead similar to how you change the location of a rapid.

I never used a plasma machine, so excuse the ignorance if i am wrong in what i say next, ie; the torch cut has width so that is the equivilant to
to a mill diameter and thus you would offset or compensate from the desired shape to suite.

BTW....reply based on LazyCam 3.00

RICH

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: How to Moved Leadin and out
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 09:29:23 AM »
LC creates the lead as an entity which is part of / associated with the chain. As i said before, you would be machinng say a chain and applying
the lead to that chain / machining operation. You can drag the lead in to another spot on the chain ( you can't move that lead to another chain.  You can't manipulate entities very easily. ) LC should not be used as CAD program. If you right mouse click on a particular entitiy in the program list you will see that you can't do anything with it as compared to a chain. You can go to the tools and select Turn off leads and that will delete the lead you created. You can just select the chain and easily add the lead again in the layers tab. The lead is added automaticaly added and you have choice. Go to the layer tab and click the layer lead setting button and select what kind you want.

Analogy: If you were manualy programing a lead it would be based on some quide lines and would provide the pathing into the profile.
You couldn't just change gcode file by copying the lead gcode before a different profile. It would not work.

RICH