Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:31:27 PM

Author Topic: HELP  (Read 1018 times)

HELP
« on: September 06, 2023, 08:52:34 PM »
Hey everyone, new here and just starting out.  I have had my machine for a little while now but have not been able to use it much until now.  My problem is, is that my system just shuts down in the middle of cutting, I am running Mach3.  It will be going along just fine and then just bam, shuts off, I don't lose power my computer just shuts down and I have to shut down the table and start from scratch.  Thinking it may be a Mach3 problem.  Does anybody have any ideas?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Re: HELP
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2023, 09:00:36 PM »
First thing I would check is to make sure there are no screen savers turned on and all power saving  are turned off. Make sure windows isn't shutting down hard drives or trying to conserve energy in any way like sleep mode after a specific amount of time.
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2023, 09:23:22 PM »
I've checked all of that and everything seems to be set where it is supposed to be.

Offline olf20

•  325 325
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2023, 02:59:58 PM »
Anything displayed one the diagnostic screen.
Do you have limit switches? If so disable them temporarily.
Do you have computer hooked to internet?
What version of Mach3 are you running.
Are you cutting with a ????
olf20 / Bob
Mach3, Atlas Knee Mill, 4th Axis, VcarvePro, ESS, Super PID.
Been Heating with corn since 1998
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2023, 06:49:01 PM »
What kind of motion control do you use? Parallel port, USB port or ethernet?
I had that issue when I use a USB motion controller. Long runs the usb port would disconnect and my machine would stop. I have switched to a ethernet motion controller.
Regards
Charlie M.
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2023, 07:43:54 AM »
Hey guys, sorry it took so long to respond I have just been super busy.  I actually got my problem figured out, for my 110 and my 220 are grounded together and according to the manufacturer they need to be separate.  Once I plugged into a different power source on a different grounding grid all of my problems went away.  I appreciate the feedback and the help.