Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:36:56 PM

Author Topic: Newbie at buying stage..  (Read 3254 times)

Newbie at buying stage..
« on: July 04, 2010, 04:59:25 PM »
Hello everone! I'm new to here and These type of machine works. I am looking at a cheap start with a small table to get me on the path. The Machine i was looking at is a small one from Zen tool works Then i found the Zenbot? they look to be the same basically? I Wanna go with the Zen Tool Works machine first and then go to the zenbot bigger machines or make my own do the Driver and power supply transfer over if i were to get the Zenbot as an upgrade later?? or to use them for my own made cnc?

I am From B.C Canada, currently work with Larger CNC's from Thermwood 3 axis and Bussellato 3 axis pad machine. but they all carry there own "Software" for programming so this is something new for Mach for me so i will definitely be asking for help there! Tho i have worked with Vector works stuff and there program which i like also.

Re: Newbie at buying stage..
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 12:23:18 AM »
Noticing now that Zen tool and Zenbot are probably different companies! lol so that answers that question so i'm saying i will Get the Zen Toolworks and then grow from there Keeping my little Zen intact! probably upgrading to the 12 x 12 once i wanna do stuff a bit bigger cuz anything bigger than that i can probably rewrite a bit of the G-Code to start the program on my Thermwood like i have done for Lots of Vector works stuff! Now only question is how hard is it to assemble and properly home X, Y, Z axis on the Zen toolworks machine!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 07:21:23 AM »

Now only question is how hard is it to assemble and properly home X, Y, Z axis on the Zen toolworks machine!

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Things are only hard to do when you don't know how. If you have any problems someone here will know the answer and everything will be easy  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 09:59:13 AM »
zier64,
Here is a link to what Budman is currently doing. You may want to have a look and benefit from
his experience.

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,12334.msg79555.html#msg79555

FWIW,
RICH