Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 11:48:01 PM

Author Topic: GCODE Partial Load  (Read 2764 times)

GCODE Partial Load
« on: July 04, 2010, 05:50:07 PM »
Hi All,
I'm new to the board - and pretty new to CNC. I have managed to get some 2d profile cuts to work, but I'm running into some problems with 3d parallel finishing. I'm trying to cut some foam for a mold. I use 3ds max, Rhino then Visual Mill 5 and finally Mach3. My machine is a small 16" x 32" CNC Shark. I followed the video tutorials (thanks for these!) and think I loaded everything correctly, but not sure. The machine jogs and I set my units to inches.
The problem I am having is with my GCode not loading correctly. It seems to load everything fine, but in the table display, it only shows a partial job. When I open up the editor, the code seems to be complete and ok, but when I run the job, it stops at line 500, exactly. It stops, then shows that line (X149.0962 Z0.0000) over and over again. Any idea why this is happening? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have attached the txt file, just in case.
Thanks,
Kory

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: GCODE Partial Load
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 05:54:49 PM »
Demo version of Mill is limited to 500 lines, if you have a licenced version then it would seem you either dont have the licence in the Mach3 folder or it is corrupt.
Hood
Re: GCODE Partial Load
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 06:17:23 PM »
Ah, that's it, forgot to copy the license into my folder. Thanks!
K