Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:35:10 AM

Author Topic: Limit & Input configuration  (Read 2717 times)

Limit & Input configuration
« on: July 02, 2010, 05:11:49 PM »
I'm setting up a DMC-2143 board.  Using the GalilTools program, you can monitor the state of inputs, outputs, etc. 

No matter what I change, Inputs #1-8 and Home Inputs show that they are "On" (green box with a 1).  If I ground the pins, they change state (Red box with a 0), so I know I have it set in a working fashion.

However, for the high and low limits, if I click "config Galil limits active low" in the PlugIn configuration, these all change to off as the defualt state.  I click the same box for the Homes inputs, but they remain On regardless.

Is this normal?  I generally use a ground to turn inputs and homes on/active.  Is this possible with a Galil with settings, or do I have to use pull down resistors to force them low (off) as a normal state?
Re: Limit & Input configuration
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 06:19:52 PM »
A bit more testing and I've discovered that when GalilTools says inputs are "On" - that means they are actually "Off".  Go figure.

Still, can the state of things be manipulated in some fashion?
Re: Limit & Input configuration
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 11:16:20 AM »
Maybe you are referring to the fact that Galil usually uses negative logic for inputs, when open they  register a  1, when activated go to 0.
Nosmo.