Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 06:08:25 AM

Author Topic: cutting complex plan  (Read 3034 times)

cutting complex plan
« on: June 29, 2010, 05:35:40 AM »
I know that here is not the appropriate place to discuss this issue.
i want apologize.
i have problem with Cutting some plan in PLASMA.i use sheetcam.

How can cutting this kind of plans that have difficulty sticking together and are closed ?
i attach sample.  

Amir
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 05:37:47 AM by manmardam »
**Even a clock that does not work is right twice a day**

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: cutting complex plan
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 08:06:09 PM »
If you have a refusing problem then it is a cut speed(too slow) or cut height or amp setting problem. Set them up as recomended by you plasma torch manf. that will get you close then fine tune.

Also that is  a strange looking plasma cut file I can not tell what is what as far as part or waste cuts. Also that type of cut with all side touching the next part is very tricky to cut as you do NOT want to recut an already cut slot as it can throw the settings off recutting an open slot. IT can be done but you have to be very carefull with cut planning and cut order.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 08:08:19 PM by BR549 »

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 06:43:46 AM »
If the parts you want are the octagons then lose all the other lines and separate each octagon by at least 2*kerf width. Adding to what Terry's said - you can't have objects touching - what about your kerf? and even if you intend to use the .DXF AS the path rather than have sheetcam generate an offset path, cutting over an existing kerf is not a good idea. Also the golden rule of "kerf to the left" is not possible if two or more objects share the kerf.
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 07:31:08 AM »
thx Terry and Stirling
I think that this Draw type is not common.This example belongs to my customer and for this purpose complex that is less losses.
If I'm not mistaken, should polygon with take apart.
when i import this Draw to Sheetcam ,It can be confusing ,And to spread to Mark(my mean is S number). this is master problem.

Many of my customers are men selfish and want to have slight losses but I think that is not logical.
Please guide.
Amir
**Even a clock that does not work is right twice a day**

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 06:52:51 PM »
Amir it is POSSIBLE to cut this BUTyou first must offset the object to get the proper cutsize then array it to minimised waste. You will also have to accont for leadins and leadouts for a quality cut.

Then you have to develope a cut order that will not cause recut problems. This will mean setting up several layers to be used to direct the cut order properly. THen it usally takes a few test cuttings to debug the process to issue a problem free nested cut. Ian ws correct in that it is BEST to NOT recut inside the kerf area as it will also throw off set cut settings. Cutting inside the same cut slot normal causes the voltage level to go up and the THC correcting by lowering the head, this may cause problems with quality and safety of cut. The torch can drag and possble snag a slag spot and snap the torch head. ASKME how I know(;-)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 06:58:00 PM by BR549 »