Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:39:40 AM

Author Topic: Using Mod I/O and building screens  (Read 5015 times)

Using Mod I/O and building screens
« on: December 15, 2006, 02:10:41 PM »
I am trying to build a screen which will control my DL06 over the modbus.  It is communicating, I can read the inputs and force the outputs from the setup modus in Mach3.  I am trying to correllate input 1 to an LED on a screen, but the pin 1 doesn't do it.  I am thinking this is really easy, I just can't get it.

???

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: Using Mod I/O and building screens
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 03:58:56 PM »
If you want the LED to reflect the input without you clicking something then the code has to run in the MacroPump.

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 04:06:07 PM »
What I have is a prox sensor, and I want the LED to confirm it is active.  Do you still require the MacroPump?  Is it the same for Outputs?  Say I want to activate Y3 on the PLC, can I just use the Modbus # to fire it?

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 05:35:35 PM »
It depends on what you are using to do the task.

If all this is done using a button click or an M command macro then the VB behind the button or in the M macro can do this.  It can fire the output and then turn on your LED, or wait for the input to trigger and turn on the LED.

If the input is turned on by an outside control that Mach did not start then the code has to go in the macropump, then Mach will run the macropump vb code about 20 times a second and check the inputs and do what ever your code tell it to do.

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops