Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:17:42 AM

Author Topic: QUESTION ABOUT FEED HOLD and spindle stop  (Read 15406 times)

QUESTION ABOUT FEED HOLD and spindle stop
« on: June 21, 2010, 01:28:12 PM »
Hi,

I need set up a system using X, Y axis and a third Stepper motor for use like Spindle or A axis. Is a project for cnc embroidery machine. Xand Y moves pantograph and SPINDLE/ A axis stepper motor, moves needle bar.

I need to run  third stepper motor  in this way for continuous running mode at 500-600 RPM,and swap spindle for A axis for stop motor in exact position.

My question is about if I need to pause operation

FEED HOLD buttom stops X,y axis and spindle?

If only stops X and Y axis.

What should I do for set complete system in Pause and restart again using Cycle start button?

Thanks

Rene

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: QUESTION ABOUT FEED HOLD and spindle stop
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 06:44:01 AM »
Hi Rene,

I think you have answered your own question here. The usual sequence is :-

Feed Hold - to stop program
Stop - to stop spindle
Start Cycle - to resume (but you have to restart the spindle manually)

If you feel inclined you could create two extra VB screen buttons to perform these tasks, perhaps in a better way (Pause / Resume).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 12:15:26 PM »
Hi Tweakie
Thanks for your answer.

I forget to tell that  this pause is for thread changing and in G code is present  M6 command that pause execution of G CODE. but I don't know id spindle stops when GCODE arrives to M6 command used for tool change/thread change in embroidery work (I use a manually operated router in my cnc router)

I will use a stepper motor in two modes, SPINDle and Z axis.(the same config in both)
and create two extra VB screen buttons, that can be different if:

1-Spindle and X and Y stops when a M6 command arrives

First button
1-Swap Axis (Stepper motor change from Spindle mode to Z axis mode)
2-Home Z axis ( Stepper motor will turn until slot disk in shaft activate optoswitch and stops it when needle is in upper position)
3-ResetSwap Axis(Z axis x Spindle)-Stepper motor come back to spindle mode.
4-End.

In this moment machine is totally stopped, and needle is in upper position, then I can manually change thread, and when I finish, should touch second VB screen button for restart.

Second VB Button
1-M3 S500---Spindle start 500RPM.

x and Y axis, will move when optoswitch will be activated by embroidery machine shaft.

Important note
Mach3 is working in Single BLK mode,using a optoswitch for activate succesive Gcode lines and move X and Y axis when needle is going out of fabric. A slot disk will be located in embroidery machine shaft,for optoswitch activation using OEM TRIGGER in INPUTS and System Hotkeys for Cycle START (1000). Then, for each motor revolution will be called one Gcode line containing X and Y movements for pantograph. Spindle motor speed will run as fast as X and Y can move a max distance (i.e.5mm)in 40% of time for a motor revolucion (period when Needle is above fabric). This will be tested soon, when I finish pantograph building, and I can see how speed can be my embroidey machine.    

2-If Spindle don't stop when a M6 command arrives, then I should place a macro in M6 position.
this macro will contains similar instructions to first one VBButon related before for needle positionable movements

1-M5--Spindle stops
2-Feed hold--Pause pantograph
3--Swap Axis (Stepper motor change from Spindle mode to Z axis mode)
4-Home Z axis ( Stepper motor will turn until slot disk in shaft activate optoswitch and stops it when needle is in upper position)
5-ResetSwap Axis(Z axis x Spindle)-Stepper motor come back to spindle mode.
6-End.

Then I change thread and in this case I will use only second VB screen button for Spindle start.

Or maybe is better do in second way and use one VB button for spindle start, and posicionament of needle will be in macro substituing a M6 command.

Could be in this way?

Thanks for your answer and sorry my bad english

Rene

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 02:12:28 AM »
Hi Rene,

I have to admit this is above my head - as much as I would really like to understand Mach / Sewing / Embroidery machine control, as yet, I have no practical experience of this usage. (I do read all related posts here and on the zone in an attempt to get an understanding but I think there is no substitute for practical experience - I have just got to build one of these machines and try to get Khalid to share his software).

I do favor the usage of VB screen buttons to make the Mach screens more suited to an actual machine and because these buttons are so easy to re-program 'trial and error' can be used for the operation sequences entered into the buttons to find / establish the perfect combination.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 02:01:30 PM »
Hi, tweakie.

I understand you, like I wrote in other post, embroidery is an activity to far of milling-turning

CNC procedure for milling-turning is very different, also exists a great  DIY activity for all workshop
tools, but nothing about cnc or computerized embroidery.

There are, one or two people that had tried something in this job, but is
diametrically different mode  to cnc and G code.

Personally I was reading a lot of documents, forums, patents, ecc to get inside this world

Regards

Rene

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 02:30:28 PM »
Rene IF you have mach setup to do toolchanges (look in Config screen) then Mach will Stop spindle first. at that point you have 2 macros you can use to control what you need to do.

M6start  & M6end

M6start could be used to move your machine into position to do the thread changeout.
M6end could return you back to work
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 10:56:10 PM »
Hi, Thanks BR549.

Thread change will be manual, al least for now.

Then I need execute m6Start when when M6 arrives.

M6START.m1s could be in this way, more and less

M6start.m1s

DoSpinStop(??)  'Stop Spindle 6=Spindle
ResetSwapAxis(6,3)   'Come back of spindle mode to Z axis mode
DoOemButton(11202)   'Home Z axis, needle in upper dead point
endif

How I will work in Single Blk, embroidery machine will stop
and wait for a new Cycle Start. Then I can manually change thread
and when is finish, I need press a VB Buttom containing anothe Macro.
more and less in this way.

m900.m1s
SwapAxis(3,6) 'Swap Zaxis to Spindle mode
SetSpinSpeed (100)  'Set spindle speed in 100RPM
DoSpinCW(??)

Spindle will rotate at 100RPM speed, when OptoSwitch will be
triggered at 280 degree of rotation (when needle is going out of fabric)
Oem Trigger 1 and System Hotkeys asigned will execute
DoOemButton(1000) 'Cycle Start

Mach 3 will move one line of X and Y movements,and pause again
until optoswitch will be triggered again in next motor revolution.

I don't know what to do with M6end.m1s

Ithink that I don't need it for manual thread change.

Thanks in advance for your helps

Rene

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 11:26:40 PM »
IF you don't need the M6end then just leave it blank(;-)  Mach will run it anyway it is part of the tool change function
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2010, 07:36:12 AM »
Hi, thanks.
I will try,
Bye
Rene