Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 09:25:21 PM

Author Topic: Help Please  (Read 3563 times)

Help Please
« on: April 08, 2015, 02:38:08 PM »
I'm trying to figure out how to keep my spindle on. I have 52 sheets of plastic that I'm pocketing out four .375 holes per sheet. I would like the spindle to stay on at the end of the cycle, clamp a new sheet in place and hit cycle start to repeat to process over again. I attached my g-code.

Thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Help Please
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 06:22:21 PM »
If your spindle is controlled from Mach (which it sounds like it is)  then the code should be starting the spindle for you at the start of the code.
You have N160S9000M03 in your code, that is telling the spindle to start clockwise at 9000 rpm
Hood
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 08:54:50 PM »
Hood, your correct about the spindle. There's no problem for the spindle to start. I would just like for it to stay running instead of turning off after pocketing the 4 holes in the sheet. it would make the process faster if i could change out the sheet, hit cycle start and not have to wait on the spindle and the dust collector to start up again. It takes about 30 sec to pocket the holes, about 70 sec to swap out the sheet and about 50 sec for the spindle to come up to speed. Would be better not having to cycle the spindle and dust collector on & off. Hope all this make sense.

Thanks 

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 02:35:50 AM »
That ia a long time for a spindle to start up, suppose I am just used to servos.

I have fears about working in machines when spindles etc are running but if you are sure you can do it safely then, what about having a M1 (optional stop) after the spindle call, so the part finishes and you immediately  press cycle start, the spindle starts and the code halts at the M1. You change the sheet and then once done you press Start again and the code continues.

Hood

Offline TPS

•  2,505 2,505
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 02:44:23 AM »
Hi,

to keep the spindle and dust collector on remove:

N720M09

and in config -> general config -> program End, M30 deselect turn spindle off
(hope it is in the english version there)

Thomas
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 08:40:23 AM »
Thanks Guys
I really appreciate the help.

Hood, I don't like to bypass safety either, I have the spindle move away from the work area X-7.000, Y4.000 . These sheets are only 7.75 X 11.375 X 0.250. If it were only three or four sheets to pocket I wouldn't worry with it, but I have 52 sheets and possibly more coming.

I built my CNC router about 5 years ago and have been running it weekly since then, but i never did learn a lot of code. All ways got by with the code that the CAM (Vectric Aspire) software would spit out. I would like to learn more on writing g-code as I see where I could save machine time by tweaking it a little.

Thanks Again Guys!