Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:52:05 AM

Author Topic: lazyturn problem  (Read 5959 times)

Offline jve

•  128 128
    • View Profile
lazyturn problem
« on: June 24, 2010, 12:53:25 AM »
dear guys
i down load the lazyturn and i was playing with it i just notice that when i make the roughing tool in diameter mode they come ok but when i make the fine tool they come in radius instead of diameter
what i am doing wrong ????

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: lazyturn problem
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 07:17:41 AM »
jekran,
Can you give me some more info?
Are you saying that, for the posted gcode, for one defined tool the "generated code" will be based on a diameter , and if for a similar tool ( lets say the tip radius is changed ) the generated code will be based on a radius?

RICH

« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 07:26:37 AM by RICH »

Offline jve

•  128 128
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 02:12:29 PM »
dear rich
even if i select a tool for rough and it generate g code for that tool in diameter and after chosing the same tool but in finishing the g code is generate in radius instead of diameter

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 04:08:44 PM »
I don't see the problem here.
I created a tool, used the same parameters for pathing, and did a rough and finish pass, one when in diameter mode and one in radius mode.
Looking at the generated code i don't see the problem. Didn't try it for numerous tools, but assume all is well.

RICH  ???

Offline jve

•  128 128
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 01:05:50 PM »
hi rich i down load the lazy turn from the mach3 website  do i need to download it from some where else cause i still have the same problem

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 03:12:39 PM »
Here is info from the manual:

4.0    INSTALLING LAZYTURN

4.1   LazyTurn  ( LT ) currently can be run independently via hard drive, USB stick
     etc as it’s installation can stand alone.

4.2   When installing Mach3 you are asked if you also want to install LazyCam.
The current lockdown version of Mach3 installs LazyCam 3.00.2. If you are using an older version of Mach3 you may need to install the LazyCam 3.00.2 Update. Both versions can be downloaded from
the ArtSoft site. Here is the link:

http://www.machsupport.com/downloads.php                 

4.3   You can either update LazyCam 3.00.2 by installing the update or create another directory for a stand alone installation, but both versions must be installed for LazyTurn to work.

"LazyCam 3.00.2 Update" is a special build that includes additional  required
                 files.

4.4   Now you will need to update the LazyTurn REL 1.1 application file to the most recent version posted. As of  3/14/2010, The latest application file posted is: Re:LazyTurn thread, reply #1349, page 135

Download and unzip the above file and copy the LazyTurn application
                  file into the directory you installed Lazycam.  You will replace the existing
                  file that is there.

Once installed, you can play with LazyTurn by running lazyturn.exe in the
     resultant folder.

RICH