Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 11:40:39 PM

Author Topic: Error Window Question and Elapsed Time DRO  (Read 2836 times)

Offline GeorgeRace

•  53 53
  • My Home Built Airplane
    • View Profile
    • Race Consulting
Error Window Question and Elapsed Time DRO
« on: July 15, 2010, 08:47:27 PM »
When I generate a GCode file, the individual Machine Operations all have a title in the file.
That title appears in the "Error Window" as the file is being run by Mach3.

The first two or three operations show the title of the operation being done.  Then for some reason it skips down to the last title in the file, skipping two or three along the way.  The machining proceeds properly, but one more thing of note, when the last operation title is being shown in the "Error Window" the "Elapsed DRO" window stops counting up the running time.  My guess is that there is some programmatic connection between the two events.

So I guess there are two questions I would like to have answered.

1.  What needs to be done to correctly display the "Title" of the operation being done?
2.  What is it in the GCode file that controls the start and stop of the Elapsed Time DRO?

George
Check out my home page
http://www.mrrace.com

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Error Window Question and Elapsed Time DRO
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 09:18:44 AM »
Mach will display text that is within parenthesis and it will only overwrite when the next available text is seen or there is another message to display.
I think the two things you have mentioned  are caused by the same thing which is the Lookahead, try setting it to 2 and see if it helps.
This may get sorted in Rev4 but that is just a guess so dont take it as definite.
Hood