Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:48:58 PM

Author Topic: Slave Axis Homing  (Read 8153 times)

Slave Axis Homing
« on: July 06, 2010, 10:43:42 AM »
I have a machine which has the normal x, y and z however the y axis is powered by two motors which I have slaved inside Mach3.

I have a proximity switch on each axis. When I reference the machine home the z axis will go up until the switch is activated which is correct. The Y axis (the Y and 4 motors working together) will then move back until the switch is activated which is also correct. The x will move to the right until that switch is activated which is also correct. Then the 4 axis by itself tries to home by itself obviously causing the machine to distaught (have to manually estop out very quickly) as the 4 motor is on the Y axis along with the Y motor but as the Y motor is not moving it will never reach the switch and the side the 4 motor is on will crash off the end of the machine.

I have attached screens below. I can see that the A home is activated in ports and pins screen however if I turn it off then then when the Y axis tried to reference only the Y motor moves and not the 4 motor meaning the machine distaughts until I have to estop out.

Any help really appreciated.
Re: Slave Axis Homing
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 10:48:42 AM »
I guess what I am asking is how can I get the 4 axis/motor to not reference home!?

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 12:17:51 PM »
As you've said, when the Y homes, both the Y AND the A move BUT only the Y is "homed". To "square" the axis the A then homes and should have a switch of it's own. Alternatively, if you don't want that feature, just take out the line that homes A (doButton(25)) from the RefAllButton.

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 05:39:49 PM »
The only reason to have two home switches on the slaved axis is to "Auto square the Axis"

To do this, each of the home switches must have its own input.

If not, then the extra home switch is of no use.

In your pic. Y and A share an input.

Greg

EDIT:  If you wanted to, X and Z homes could share an input which would free one to use for A.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 05:44:43 PM by Greolt »

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 07:24:27 PM »
In gen config you need to Check "Home Slave axis with master " that way the A slave will home with the Y master axis and use the Y switch.