Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 10:25:53 AM

Author Topic: kitako/fanuc om resurection  (Read 6565 times)

kitako/fanuc om resurection
« on: November 29, 2009, 12:25:38 AM »
i am attempting to resurrect a kitako v-0920s-u  router circa 1986

i am in the process of freeing up the ways, tracing and splicing the cut control wires. (the electronic cabinet and servos are clean and move freely).
the head unit is in pretty bad shape and i have been doing some research on whether i can use a pc /mach3 with a step to analog converter.
from the reading i have found there doesn't seem to be anything definitive as to whether this is even possible with the current drives and servo system.any help or advice as to what setup may work would be appreciated

current setup is a fanuc 0m control

servo's x/y A06-0501-B001 .. TQ 12nm ,11A, 144V AC 3ph 8 poles 2000rpm encoder
servo z      A06-0501-B202 .. TQ 12nm ,11A, 144v, AC 3ph 8 poles 2000rpm encoder ,brake

velocity control A06B-6050-8404

system has 2 frequency drives and is a big heavy machine( 14,000 lbs) i would prefer to use the fanuc drives if nothing else because of the extra cost.

i have built 2 heavy duty systems using(1,200oz motors, pc/mach3 and stepper drives but the fanuc servo system is new to me

thanks in advance for any help.

stage 1 is to get the machine running and carving
stage 2 is to fit and configure a 400watt yag lazer where the drilling head was located...(should be fun! )

Re: kitako/fanuc om resurection
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 03:09:13 AM »
If you are using analog servo amp/drives you should be fine.
The dspmc is plenty flexible for your needs and is really designed for the industrial user although it works very well on my Bridgeport.
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 06:28:03 PM »
would the dspmc hook up to the velocity control, and act as a signal converter from the mach3 pc control.
or do i have to junk the velocity contol and hook direct to the drives/encoders?

not knowing much about the dspmc i not sure where it fits in or what it replaces in the current configuration

thanks

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 08:59:22 PM »
I don't know about the velocity control.
I would think you would have to connect to the drives using a +-10v analog signal.
The drives can be used in either velocity or torque mode. It does require a connection to the encoders even if they are also connected to the drives.
The dspmc connects to the PC using an Ethernet connection and replaces the p-port. It is a very robust device designed for industrial cnc control. It has lots of I/O and allows for 24v I/O which is used in many industrial devices making it very capable of rejecting noise.

Hope this helps.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 07:20:26 PM »
Arktec,

Did you ever find the step-to-analog-converter you were hoping for?  I'm now wishing for the same thing because I've got some Parker motors and drives that require analog input.

Dave