Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:14:01 PM

Author Topic: Plasma Initial Height sensing - perceived wisdom?  (Read 15294 times)

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
Re: Plasma Initial Height sensing - perceived wisdom?
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2010, 04:21:03 AM »
Hi Scott - tried your suggestions and a few ideas of my own but haven't been able to get anything that works. I can home down with G28.1 and up with RefAllHome but can't set the position right. i.e. home pos is home pos so it's zero (or whatever) at the bottom and the same at the top - so no real use. I'm stumped I think. Looks like if you want a "proper" homing action then G31 is the only way to go for IHS.

Ian

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2010, 07:31:39 AM »
I suspect I dont understand what you want it to do then? If you can would you mind posting exactly what you want it to do, and the order of it? Mabey, (or mabey not), I can try and lend a better or more useful hand to your prob.

I know you guys dont like, or want macros, but Let me ask you this. Would you want a "Custom Plugin" solution? OR mabey add some VB code to an already existing OEM M Code....  I just dont think you can get around without doing some custom stuff........  IF I understand correctly what your wanted, which mabey I dont.

scott
fun times

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 07:39:48 AM »
Hi Scott - personally I'm not against any method of doing this at the moment. I just want to see if it can be done. Actually I have a couple more ideas that I will try but any help is much appreciated. Without going into all the ins and outs of using either G31 or G28.1 for inital height sensing here's a short version of your mission should you decide to accept it. Imagine an axis with a home switch at each end. Now if you command a G28.1, it homes to one switch and sets that position to be 0. If on the other hand you press the RefAllHome button, it homes to the other switch and sets that position to (say) 100. i.e. you have two homes, one at each end of the axis.

Cheers

Ian

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2010, 08:21:04 AM »
ahhh, well if that is the case and the VB params wont allow you to switch homing axis directions, then I would do it in a plugin and use a custom macro that sends a "Notifyplugins(#####)" to key the plugin to switch the homing direction of that axis............

at least that would seem to be an "Easier" answer, since standard methods (i.e. Mach Specific VB appear to fail? in this area).

scott
fun times

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2010, 06:02:05 AM »
Hi Scott - sorry it's taken a while to get back. I now have a macro that I THINK does what's needed - we'll see. I've posted it over in the VB forum. http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,15182.0.html

Cheers

Ian
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 06:26:13 AM by stirling »