Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:56:46 PM

Author Topic: Conversion of Denford Triac VMC milling machine  (Read 6069 times)

Conversion of Denford Triac VMC milling machine
« on: May 01, 2010, 10:50:53 AM »
Hi!  I am about to become the owner of a 1990 model year Denford Triac VMC 3 axis milling machine with DOS software.  I would like to convert the machine to use Mach3 software.  Has anyone in your forum been successful at this?  The machine is perfect for the small jobs I enjoy doing and hope the conversion is possible.  Any advise would be appreciated for this undertaking.

Thanks,

johnr

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Conversion of Denford Triac VMC milling machine
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 12:46:23 PM »
Guy called Jimthefish has recently done a Denford, not sure if its the same as yours but might be worth giving him a PM.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 05:23:40 PM »
i've done a few, very easy to do. Is yours the all green model , or the green and white one

Offline bowber

•  216 216
  • Kirkby Stephen,Cumbria, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 01:45:15 PM »
I've done my Denford Easimill, not sure if they were anything like.
I only kept the original steppers though and used new power supply and drivers (& mach of course)

Steve
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 02:24:18 AM »
Breakout board and spindle drive card can be found a www.diycnc.co.uk (System 1)
Stepper drives and power supply I got off Ebay, type in stepper drive and look for a bloke called Yuntat from Hong Kong, 4.2 amp will do but I got the 5.6 amp drives. The power supply is the 0-50v 10 amp from him. Although I'm presenty using a power supply made up from bits off the old denford mother board. Any help you need let me know, got your private message, not sure what electronics came with the machine, send me some pictures and I can identify what you have and have not.